The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > The Official "I Love this Movie" Thread!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Banned

I just saw this movie again -- for the fifth time! And I thought of another reason I love this movie, to add to the many that I don't have time to mention. But I'll mention it here:

Because it made me feel great after seeing it. It's really that simple. I felt great. I felt happy.

And isn't that, most of the time, why you would want to see a movie? (I've seen movies that are depressing, but I don't make it a habit. It's, well... depressing when you do that!)
Old 06-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Ensign

I love the crap out of this movie. I've seen it like 6 times. It has turned me into a fan of TOS and now I watch episodes everyday. I like it because I was familiar with Spock and Kirk (More Spock than Kirk) and I loved learning about them. Spock is one of those characters that you love. He is mysterous, different and I can relate to him in some ways. When watching TOS,ST Voyage home and Final Frontier, Spock reminds me of kid some times. Always saying things or asking questions and Kirk just kinda tolorates him. I remember in the camp scene in the Final Frontier when Spock asks Kirk a question and Kirk replies "Go to sleep Spock."

The movie also made me fall in love with Bones. He is so cool! He's so witty and tells it like it is. If they make another ST movie I hope we get to see the McCoy, Kirk and Spock friendship come into play. JJ Abrams would love it!

"You will answer me!"

Old 06-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Federation Councillor

It was a good film.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockismyhomeboy012 View Post
I love the crap out of this movie. I've seen it like 6 times. It has turned me into a fan of TOS and now I watch episodes everyday. I like it because I was familiar with Spock and Kirk (More Spock than Kirk) and I loved learning about them. Spock is one of those characters that you love. He is mysterous, different and I can relate to him in some ways. When watching TOS,ST Voyage home and Final Frontier, Spock reminds me of kid some times. Always saying things or asking questions and Kirk just kinda tolorates him. I remember in the camp scene in the Final Frontier when Spock asks Kirk a question and Kirk replies "Go to sleep Spock."

The movie also made me fall in love with Bones. He is so cool! He's so witty and tells it like it is. If they make another ST movie I hope we get to see the McCoy, Kirk and Spock friendship come into play. JJ Abrams would love it!
There's something mystical about these character archetypes. It's almost as though they're fated to be.

If Kirk, Spock, and McCoy did not already exist, it would be necessary to invent them!

Old 06-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Federation Councillor

I like the post that said the film made them 'feel great' when they came out.

That was an aspect I had not thought of fully before, but I reconise it as well. The last two films were so ho-hum that when I came out of them I had seen them, but I didn't really feel anything. No excitement, enthusiasm - they were so generic.

Now, in some ways there are generic story elements at work here as well, but I felt thrilled watching it, I felt engaged with the characters, I felt actual emotions during parts (I have never gotten a lump in my throat in a Trek film, apart from TWOK, and this one did it during the Kelvin - and that was the first minutes! - I didn't even care when Data died coz I knew it was coming) and I felt that I really wanted to see it again afterwards.

I really felt refreshed and ready for more Trek again!! Something that I haven't felt about Trek for a few years now.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 06-18-2009, 05:31 AM
Commander

I <3333333333333333333 trek

prolly not more then my wife tho...

GOD Emperor Of The Trekkies
Old 10-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Vice Admiral

I just absolutely adore this film because it is awesome and brilliant

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy