The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Battlestar Galactica headed for the big screen?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-20-2009, 01:24 PM
omegaman's Avatar
omegaman omegaman is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Penrith NSW Australia
Posts: 4,609
Default Battlestar Galactica headed for the big screen?

Following the outstanding success of the new Star Trek movie do you think that we may see an as yet untold Battlestar Galactica story headed for the big screen in the near future?
__________________
TREK IS TREK. WHATEVER THE TIMELINE!

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-20-2009, 01:50 PM
That Metal Beastie's Avatar
That Metal Beastie That Metal Beastie is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Overhere
Posts: 2,527
Default

Hmm. You know that could happen. But I hope not. As I just commented about Trek on another thread, tv may be the best medium for these tales if we want character driven drama, as someone properly termed it. But who knows.
__________________
'A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.'

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:00 PM
chator's Avatar
chator chator is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,261
Default

There was a direct-to-DVD movie of Battlestar titled Razor that was released over a year and a half ago. It was really just a two-hour episode that was set during the show's second season after the episode "Captain's Hand".

And Moore/Eicke have just released the pilot of their prequel to Battlestar titled Caprica, to DvD. It is a two-hour movie, but won't air til 2010, by which time more episodes of the series will have been made to allow the beginning of the airing of first season episodes following the pilot's debut.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:06 PM
omegaman's Avatar
omegaman omegaman is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Penrith NSW Australia
Posts: 4,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chator View Post
There was a direct-to-DVD movie of Battlestar titled Razor that was released over a year and a half ago. It was really just a two-hour episode that was set during the show's second season after the episode "Captain's Hand".

And Moore/Eicke have just released the pilot of their prequel to Battlestar titled Caprica, to DvD. It is a two-hour movie, but won't air til 2010, by which time more episodes of the series will have been made to allow the beginning of the airing of first season episodes following the pilot's debut.
Razor was good.
__________________
TREK IS TREK. WHATEVER THE TIMELINE!

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2009, 05:36 PM
martok2112's Avatar
martok2112 martok2112 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River Ridge, LA
Posts: 6,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post
Following the outstanding success of the new Star Trek movie do you think that we may see an as yet untold Battlestar Galactica story headed for the big screen in the near future?
There've been vapid talks by Glen A. Larson of returning Galactica to the big screen....and the movie would be more in tone with the original '78 show, not the new BSG.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-20-2009, 05:54 PM
omegaman's Avatar
omegaman omegaman is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Penrith NSW Australia
Posts: 4,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
There've been vapid talks by Glen A. Larson of returning Galactica to the big screen....and the movie would be more in tone with the original '78 show, not the new BSG.
That's interesting.
__________________
TREK IS TREK. WHATEVER THE TIMELINE!

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Samuel Samuel is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
There've been vapid talks by Glen A. Larson of returning Galactica to the big screen....and the movie would be more in tone with the original '78 show, not the new BSG.
\

Yup that one has been around. And its really not any different than others shopping around their own movie ideas. In this case its a bigger name and a bigger agent spreading the word to hopefully create interest among the execs. I highly doubt it will ever happen.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-20-2009, 07:22 PM
martok2112's Avatar
martok2112 martok2112 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River Ridge, LA
Posts: 6,480
Default

A lot of TOS Galactica fans that I know are still clambering for a "continuation" movie that picks up after the original series (no G:80) ended.

I think BSG needs a new reboot, (in the spirit of the original) and then get onto the story of finding Earth.

Granted, Superman Returns was a good idea of how to do a continuation story without ANY of the original cast (except for post-mortem cameos by Marlon Brando)....but I doubt that any fans of the new Galactica are going to take an interest in this....and I doubt that many old schoolers are going to take an interest in a continuation story done by different actors.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.