The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > You know you're a fan of ST XI when...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyanEva View Post
When you reschedule your jury duty so you can take an overnight trip to see the movie in IMAX.
No no. A real fan would skip jury duty entirely. And then when thrown in the slammer a real fan would give an in depth movie review to all the drunks and hookers.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Ensign

...when you don't even pay attention to the movie because you're searching the edges and corners of the screen for Easter Eggs.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:08 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

If you sit through the movie three times in an afternoon, ducking into the men's room between screenings so the ushers won't catch you... and you're 45....

If it's two weeks into the release, and you're STILL showing up in your uniform...

If you are standing in line to go into the theatre, and you notice someone wearing a red shirt in line... and you point your finger at them, making a phaser whistle... and they get it and laugh along with you...

If you find yourself mildly envious of the 5 year old who's in line with his parents, who just said he's never heard of Trek... and you KNOW what's about to happen to the kid's life from here on out...

If you've been searching online for starship salt and pepper shakers, like they had in the bar...

If you are calling around, trying to find a T-shirt with Dr. McCoy's, "Space is death and deisease wrapped in darkness and silence..." on it...

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.

Last edited by FanWriter45 : 05-20-2009 at 06:12 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
No no. A real fan would skip jury duty entirely. And then when thrown in the slammer a real fan would give an in depth movie review to all the drunks and hookers.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

If you've spent the last week and a half in orbit, fixing the Hubble, and the guys on the ground are thoughtful enough to beam a pirated copy to you....

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Vice Admiral

If, the first thing you do, after getting out of the movie, is to hit a Target, or a Toys R' Us, in search of new action figures, and/or starships...

Old 05-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
If you suddenly find yourself talking with a "cool kid" (who before this used to torment you and or beat you up because you were a "geek") about his newfound love of Trek...
Yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanvideo View Post
When you spend hours on this infernal website, arguing about whether Engineering on a starship really would look like a Budweiser brewery.
Check...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditroi View Post
I know!! That is the most awesome-ess one!
Couldn't beat it!

Quote:
If you've been searching online for starship salt and pepper shakers, like they had in the bar...
Almpst... But I still want one...

(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)
Old 05-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
If, the first thing you do, after getting out of the movie, is to hit a Target, or a Toys R' Us, in search of new action figures, and/or starships...

Dang...I did that before the movie hit. LOL!

Old 05-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:

If you have been almost ejected from the theatre for running up to the screen during the scenes with the Enterprise, while carrying a tape measure, muttering "Gonna settle this once and for all!"...

Loved this I was rolling when i read it
here are a few more

If you brave the food at Burger King just to get the glasses.

if you pay the theater owner 2000 dollars for a private viewing just so you can stop the film to find all the Easter eggs

If you look at your gia pet and think of the annoying side kick of Scotty

If you can’t watch Heroes anymore because you can’t think of Spock being so evil

If you brought a colostomy bag , a pillow and blanket to the theater so you could just stay there for days.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Vice Admiral

If the theatre manager gives up, and just decides "well they're gonna be here anyway" and accepts your offer to pay him to let you run the projectors...