The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > the EVA/HALO suits
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post
and would you go looking for a new clean shirt in the middle of a battle
Well, when I find the time to change my all red cadett uniform and get me a pair of black pants then why not to ask for a shirt too? Scotty had the time to ask for a towell and got a shirt. Even Keenser got a shirt.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
I found it appropriate to associate Kirk's yellow shirt with his status as captain. A random change somewhere in the middle of the movie would have been ... well, random.
See! Thats what I was saying. A blue skydiving suit for Kirk because gold is for the special moment when he is a full captain. And it worked on Horatio.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Fleet Admiral

As already mentioned, three different colours for the skydiving scene make it easier to distinguish the characters and although Kirk could have changed into command gold anytime, black was more suiting for his acting first officer / captain position.
So for me it was less the fanboyish wait for Kirk in gold but more a clear cut between the first adventure where everyone comes together and serves as substitute for other officers (everyone but Chekov, resp. it was not mentioned that Chekov was in for someone else) and the first official mission or rather the glimpse of that in the epilogue.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

Another question would be... what other color suits are there? Green? Purple? Chartruse? Plaid? Tartan? (that would be Scotty's)

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
Another question would be... what other color suits are there? Green? Purple? Chartruse? Plaid? Tartan? (that would be Scotty's)
And then what do all those colors mean? Hanky codes? Anyone?
Old 05-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanvideo View Post
The chief engineer was issued a red suit because he was the one chosen to die. Simple, really.
yes. I know that.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botany Bay View Post
Well, when I find the time to change my all red cadett uniform and get me a pair of black pants then why not to ask for a shirt too? Scotty had the time to ask for a towell and got a shirt. Even Keenser got a shirt.
Keenser didn't join the crew in the middle of battle.
plus the movie didn't show Scotty GET a shirt.
for all we know he was wearing his Starfleet uniform under Delta Vega outfit the whole time. maybe it kept his uniform dry or Starfleet uniforms are like McFly jacket in BTTF2.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Commander

Quote:
I found it appropriate to associate Kirk's yellow shirt with his status as captain. A random change somewhere in the middle of the movie would have been ... well, random.
yes.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Commander

Quote:
As already mentioned, three different colours for the skydiving scene make it easier to distinguish the characters and although Kirk could have changed into command gold anytime, black was more suiting for his acting first officer / captain position.
So for me it was less the fanboyish wait for Kirk in gold but more a clear cut between the first adventure where everyone comes together and serves as substitute for other officers (everyone but Chekov, resp. it was not mentioned that Chekov was in for someone else) and the first official mission or rather the glimpse of that in the epilogue.
yes again