The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > So, what do you suppose...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
Yet, if this system is "oh-so-far-away"... why would they join up there? Wouldn't they try to meet somewhere midway? Or else all be speeding as fast as their little warp drives could carry them, to Earth?
Exactly! I mean, geez, I envy those who are capable of not thinking about this kind of stuff, like Orci and Kurtzman...

No, seriously. First you say the only working telephone in town is all to far away to get help in time and then you agree to go to this phone to call for help... that will never make it in time. Smart, Spock, really smart.

Watch the second joke:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swsHie4UEsA
Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhess68 View Post
Free Romulan ale on Risa?
That would make more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botany Bay View Post
Exactly! I mean, geez, I envy those who are capable of not thinking about this kind of stuff, like Orci and Kurtzman...

No, seriously. First you say the only working telephone in town is all to far away to get help in time and then you agree to go to this phone to call for help... that will never make it in time. Smart, Spock, really smart.

Watch the second joke:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swsHie4UEsA
They proved a movie doesn't have to make sense in order to be sucessful.
Thanks Star Trek fans for proving you're really no different from Star Wars fans...

...is any fan?
Probably not....

Old 05-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

They don't need any free Romulan ale! The E has an entire Buweiser brewery onboard! Six packs for everyone!

Too bad that J.J. didn't do a pan past three amphibian crewmembers as they discussed the fluid transfer...

"Bud..."
"Weis..."
"Er..."

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

The annual starfleet hodown of course!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Ensign

Quote:
They don't need any free Romulan ale! The E has an entire Buweiser brewery onboard! Six packs for everyone!

Too bad that J.J. didn't do a pan past three amphibian crewmembers as they discussed the fluid transfer...

"Bud..."
"Weis..."
"Er..."
But can you imagine how watered down the "Bud" is in the future?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Captain

Quote:
They don't need any free Romulan ale! The E has an entire Buweiser brewery onboard!
Buaha... thats why Scotty needed so much time to towel down his wet ears. Did you notice that he was still drying himself when the Enterprise had arrived at the solar system? It apparantly took him so much time because he sucked the beer out of the towel.

PS: Dammit! It took me until now to get the reference to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Towel, of course, stupid me.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Ensign

Perhaps sometime in the 20+ years the Narada was floating in space, they passed through Gorn space, and destroyed a bunch of their ships. This p'd off the Gorn, and like any p'd off snake would do, they struck out at the closest target...the Federation. In the sequel, you could show that battle, add in a Romulan-Klingon war where Klingon forces appear to raid some Federation science labs looking for any kind of "super weapon" to throw at the Romulans. In reality though, it is Section 31 manufacturing the raids to further justify that the Federation needs to go on the offensive against its enemies, and enter a war that it doesn't have the resources to fight. Kirk and co. would have to expose Section 31 as the true entity behind the raids before the popularity of entering the war forces the Federation into something that could bring about its own ruin. I know y'all will pick it apart, so c'mon guys let's hear it.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:

"Bud..."
"Weis..."
"Er..."
That would have been hillarious.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Commander

When they get the call to go to Vulcan, it is simply mentioned that "With most of our fleet otherwise enganged in the Laurentian System, all cadets are ordered to report to the hangar for duty", or something similar.

Later, Pike's standing orders to Spock were to regroup with the rest of the fleet there to let Starfleet know "what the hell is happening here".
Old 05-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
... was going on in the "Lorentz System" at the time of Nero's attack on Vulcan? They referred to it several times that the bulk of Starfleet was out of range in this system, which is why they had to emergency launch from Earth the reaminder of the fleet.. their "second string players" as it were... (along with the "E" which hadn't offically been launched yet) to mount what they initally thought to be a rescue mission. Later, Spock wants to join up with the rest of the fleet at the "Lorentz System."

Any "trek history" to suggest what might have been going on there?
It's kind of inexplicable that the bulk of the fleet would all be in the one place so, just my opinion but -

I took it as an homage to the fact that in Star Trek, quite often the Enterprise is the only ship nearby to help or get caught in the action.

Flimsy, yes, but it works for me!

courtesy of Saquist