The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > ST II: **NO**to WRATH OF KHAN
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Ensign

From what has been explained about the movie, the Star Trek timeline's history was altered starting with the destruction of the Kelvin. Anything that happened in the original timeline's history would still be exactly the same. Hence, "Admiral Archer" references, etc. This is not an entirely different timeline, it is an offshoot starting when the Narada attacked the Kelvin. Khan's sleeper ship is floating through space somewhere, because that part of history was unaffected. Anything pre-2233 did still happen.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebower View Post
From what has been explained about the movie, the Star Trek timeline's history was altered starting with the destruction of the Kelvin. Anything that happened in the original timeline's history would still be exactly the same. Hence, "Admiral Archer" references, etc. This is not an entirely different timeline, it is an offshoot starting when the Narada attacked the Kelvin. Khan's sleeper ship is floating through space somewhere, because that part of history was unaffected. Anything pre-2233 did still happen.

You are right with this, but...

1. As some others said: This Trek is new and fresh, we don´t need any remakes of old stories.

2. Khan has got a movie, and it was an outstanding movie. There´s no need for a remake at all.

I would like to see something we have not seen before.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:09 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

Yeah... specifically, could they PLEASE get the hell away from yet another "villian threatening Earth" storyline? We've had that same exact thing happen in:

Wrath of Khan
Search for Spock
Voyage Home
Undiscovered Country
First Contact
Nemisis

Time for a change, ladies and gentlement of Paramount Pictures, Inc.! (a wholly owned subsideary of Pepsi Cola, International)

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Fleet Admiral

Search for Spock was not a Villan Threatening Earth.
Undiscovered Country wasn't Villan threatening Earth either.
Neither was Khan Threatening Earth.

These movies were about personal bout's against Kirk or Star Fleet.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Search for Spock was not a Villan Threatening Earth.
Undiscovered Country wasn't Villan threatening Earth either.
Neither was Khan Threatening Earth.

These movies were about personal bout's against Kirk or Star Fleet.

i agree, there is no record of Krudge threating earth all he wanted was genesis. there is also no record of general chang threating earth because the battle occured in camp kitomer. and deffiently kahn never expressed attacking earth, as a matter of fact i know kahn wouldn't do that move in the first place. it was Kirk he was after.

All i ask is a tall ship, stars to sail her by.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Vice Admiral

agreed.khan is unique,should not be done again,i ve made some thoughts yesterday before sleep,do u think a movie involving a klingon ship and the enterprise stranded in a different galaxy could work? during the movie the klingons hit the enterprise hard and run away to seek alies for the final battle,a hurt enterprise seeks alies too , primalrly to get home and to confront the klingons.captain pike has 20 minutes screen time only at the beginning,what do u think?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebower View Post

i agree sir, kahn is out there. maybe not the sequel but maybe movie 3 or 4 the crew of the enterprise and US fans have to face kahn again. i know this is an alt. universe and everything and The Wrath of Kahn occured in the prime timeline. here in the alt. universe kahn must be explored again. i know some of you are going to hate me but the wrath of kahn in this universe is yet to come.

All i ask is a tall ship, stars to sail her by.

Last edited by Enterprise NCC-1701-A : 05-19-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Ensign

Personally I don't care where Khan is, he's in 1982 on VHS cassette watched x1000 so thats enough! NEW storys guys if they wanna keep people coming back to this.

On a side note, I took my housemate to see the new Trek movie, who has no interest in Sci-fi, is a mom and never seen trek. Even she loved this movie and gave it a little clap at the end.

This wouldn't have happened pre-JJ so thats a sign they gotta keep going with the style & mood they set here or they will lose that kinda audience, which it MUST have to survive.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

You guys should checkout This Aint Star Trek XXX and you will get to see more than just Uhura's panties..

-Captain Jonathan Archer
Old 05-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
I don't think we have to worry about it. Obviously, Abrams and co. did not listen to the fans' wishes in making this movie, thank God. They know what it takes to make a good movie. They aren't going to compromise that now.
If I hadn't also read in an interview what Raul wrote below, I would probably agree with you. However, since I did read it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul4510 View Post
I believe we will see Khan in the Abramsverse for the simple fact that Orci, Kurtzman and Abrams love the character. Not only that I would not be surprised if Khan was one of the main reasons they agreed to make a Star Trek film!
And I am hereby adding my voice in this thread (I've already said it in a couple of others) that
I DO NOT WANT MORE KHAN!

Even if they think they have a "handle" on him and that he can be done in some fresh way - even if they can cast him brilliantly (and based on what they have already done, they probably can), they should NEVER do ANYTHING involving Khan, because no matter what it is, although it is not "remake," it will ALWAYS be compared to the original anyway. And the chances of them improving on what most agree was the best Trek film ever made is very, very slim!

I am, however, biased, because I didn't much care for the Khan character anyway (though I enjoyed the film).