The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > ST II: **NO**to WRATH OF KHAN
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanvideo View Post
Of course, he'd have to be updated; obviously, there wasn't a Eugenics War in the late 20th century.
Not in our world...but in the Star Trek timeline (Prime and Alt), the movie never says that it didn't happen
Old 05-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Ensign

In this time line, Kirk and crew wake Khan up and take him and his gang to the Enterprise. While eating dinner, Khan sees a young ensign Chekov rubbing his feet. 'What's wrong?' he asks. Chekov complains that his feet are kililng him. Chekov explains to Khan that even though its the 23rd century, foot wear sucks. Khan decides to open a chain of comfortable shoe stores. He names the franchise, 'Foot Eugenics'.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I don't think we have to worry about it. Obviously, Abrams and co. did not listen to the fans' wishes in making this movie, thank God. They know what it takes to make a good movie. They aren't going to compromise that now.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:41 AM
Fleet Admiral

Do you realize what redoing Kahn would mean if that screwed it up?
It would be like going back to Jack Nickleson after having Heath Ledger blow the top off the role...knowing he could never do better.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:20 AM
Fleet Admiral

In this universe, Khan Noonian Singh could simply be a footnote in history.

Instead of his DY-100 sleeper ship actually clearing atmosphere, it was shot down by aircraft intercept.

Sure, he ruled 1/4 of the planet, and was deposed, but his escape attempt ended in death. There....Khan's mentioned....and forgotten.

Next, please?

Old 05-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I believe we will see Khan in the Abramsverse for the simple fact that Orci, Kurtzman and Abrams love the character. Not only that I would not be surprised if Khan was one of the main reasons they agreed to make a Star Trek film!

-Captain Jonathan Archer
Old 05-19-2009, 07:07 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by triox View Post
In this time line, Kirk and crew wake Khan up and take him and his gang to the Enterprise. While eating dinner, Khan sees a young ensign Chekov rubbing his feet. 'What's wrong?' he asks. Chekov complains that his feet are kililng him. Chekov explains to Khan that even though its the 23rd century, foot wear sucks. Khan decides to open a chain of comfortable shoe stores. He names the franchise, 'Foot Eugenics'.
Yeah, I mean, coming to think of it, this plot makes perfect sense. Or... what about this? In the 23rd century earth cusine has become some rubber cubes with different colours. So Khan's superior intellect derives a plan: A Pizza Place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkTJjDlPx80
Old 05-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoracer_xox View Post
I've been reading something worrying lately, it seems a number of fanboys want the next trek movie to involve Khan in a similar way that ST2 The Wrath of Khan did.
Firstly, there is no wrath of Khan in this timeline, meaning he hasn't even met him yet or there is no indication he should even exist or necessarily be 'bad'.

Secondly this reboot is a fresh & new opportunity to truly take the franchise into new stories and situations we might not have seen before and I only hope that JJ & the writers seriously do not heed these crys for another Khan movie..

So Im lodging the first official thread AGAINST such a movie ever being made.

On top of that ST2 The Wrath of Khan is a classic and I doubt they will even attempt to re-do this, and I have faith they wont. Nonetheless this is a mark against that ever happening and hopefully many more will join this thread to go against such a remake ever happening.
Amen! I'm glad someone else feels as strongly about this as I do. Why should we start re-ashing old stories? Khan already had his own movie, it's time to move on. Creating a TOTALLY NEW bad guy would even be better. And puuuleeeze no more Klingon commander/general quoting Shakespeare, for cryin' out loud... What a joke that was... *facepalm*

Last edited by Lady Vaako : 05-19-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

As I said in another thread.... I have this whacky, radical idea:

The Enterprise is, like, out exploring, right? Finding strange new worlds... seeking out new life and new civilizations... and they make contact with one of these new civilizations, and get caught up in a mess with them. Kirk, Spock and McCoy (and maybe Scotty and Uhura) get captured and beaten up. But then, Kirk pulls some wild-*** cowboy stuff, and saves the day! In the end, he makes a big speech about how we should all work together for the common good... yadda, yadda, yadda.... During the course of this, Kirk gets to bed with at least one or two alien chicks, Spock gets to show off his remarkable brain, McCoy cures a disease in under an hour, and we get to see Uhura's panties a few times.

Oh! And lots and lots of explosions!

If they really want to bring a character or two back... how about either Harry Mudd or Cyrano Jones? THAT I would pony up $9.50 to go see... NOT the same damned "Wrath of Khan" BS. Been there, done that. Bought the t-shirt, the VHS... then the DVD.. then the Blue Ray! Enough already!

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:41 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
As I said in another thread.... I have this whacky, radical idea:

The Enterprise is, like, out exploring, right? Finding strange new worlds... seeking out new life and new civilizations... and they make contact with one of these new civilizations, and get caught up in a mess with them. Kirk, Spock and McCoy (and maybe Scotty and Uhura) get captured and beaten up. But then, Kirk pulls some wild-*** cowboy stuff, and saves the day! In the end, he makes a big speech about how we should all work together for the common good... yadda, yadda, yadda.... During the course of this, Kirk gets to bed with at least one or two alien chicks, Spock gets to show off his remarkable brain, McCoy cures a disease in under an hour, and we get to see Uhura's panties a few times.

Oh! And lots and lots of explosions!

I think I could like this Trek.