The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > ST II: **NO**to WRATH OF KHAN
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Ensign

Default ST II: **NO**to WRATH OF KHAN

I've been reading something worrying lately, it seems a number of fanboys want the next trek movie to involve Khan in a similar way that ST2 The Wrath of Khan did.
Firstly, there is no wrath of Khan in this timeline, meaning he hasn't even met him yet or there is no indication he should even exist or necessarily be 'bad'.
Secondly this reboot is a fresh & new opportunity to truly take the franchise into new stories and situations we might not have seen before and I only hope that JJ & the writers seriously do not heed these crys for another Khan movie..
So Im lodging the first official thread AGAINST such a movie ever being made.
On top of that ST2 The Wrath of Khan is a classic and I doubt they will even attempt to re-do this, and I have faith they wont.
Nonetheless this is a mark against that ever happening and hopefully many more will join this thread to go against such a remake ever happening.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Ensign

I agree with you ^
Old 05-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Ensign

I don't think they're talking about doing a re-make, merely introducing Khan as a character in the new universe. I agree, I don't want to see a ST:TWOK re-make. I am not against having Khan in future movies, however. He's a terrific villain and his history offers a lot of material for great stories. Of course, he'd have to be updated; obviously, there wasn't a Eugenics War in the late 20th century.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Ensign

I'm with you 100%. New timeline, new adventures.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyluvs View Post
I agree with you ^
They couldn't get a simple act of revenge right in this movie.
What makes them think he can do here.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Ensign

Not to mention that this movie, as much as I love it, kinda IS TWOK.

Lookie here:

Villain hell-bent on avenging a dead wife he blames one of our heroes for

Planet-killing device

Kobayashi Maru reflective of James Kirk's personality

Villain allows himself to die/commits suicide

Both involve Ceti eels and torture

Both involve the Enterprise hiding in space phenomena before a surprise attack on enemy

Main hero and villain don't actually do one on one battle together in either film and only communicate via viewscreen

Both involve James Kirk discovering and accepting a truth about himself and accepting destiny

Both re-launch/re-invigorate franchise
Old 05-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Even if the events of all the episodes and all the movies still happen in this timeline I don't want remakes of any of those. Or even some story about how Wrath of Khan or Amok Time will be different in this new timeline.

New story please.

However, it would be interesting if the upcoming sequel would visibly take place before or after one of the episodes or other movies. Maybe we see Lenore being dragged off in handcuffs during the intro scene on the Enterprise. Or in the last scene, they wonder where to go when Uhurah says she's received a distress call from Janus VI. And Kirk says something like, "Well, I guess we've got our answer. Warp speed Mr. Sulu." And he smiles at Spock and says, "Up for saving the day again, Mr. Spock?" I don't know, I've never been good at writing endings or beginnings. But that's my idea.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Vice Admiral

We fangirls agree. No Kahn.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Midshipman

I agree. Please stop with the movies of people threatenning the Enterprise and start doing some adventure again. Wrath of Khan has been done to death in these movies, so its time to move on from it.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoracer_xox View Post
I've been reading something worrying lately, it seems a number of fanboys want the next trek movie to involve Khan in a similar way that ST2 The Wrath of Khan did.
Firstly, there is no wrath of Khan in this timeline, meaning he hasn't even met him yet or there is no indication he should even exist or necessarily be 'bad'.
Secondly this reboot is a fresh & new opportunity to truly take the franchise into new stories and situations we might not have seen before and I only hope that JJ & the writers seriously do not heed these crys for another Khan movie..
So Im lodging the first official thread AGAINST such a movie ever being made.
On top of that ST2 The Wrath of Khan is a classic and I doubt they will even attempt to re-do this, and I have faith they wont.
Nonetheless this is a mark against that ever happening and hopefully many more will join this thread to go against such a remake ever happening.
\

ARE YOU SERIOUS? NO MORE KAHN...EVER!WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY DO THAT TO A REVAMP? ARE WE NOT USING OUR BRAINS. WE CHANGED TREK HISTORY! MIGHT AS WELL KEEP THE FREAKIN TREND!