The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > What scenes would you have liked to have seen that wasn't in the film
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botany Bay View Post
My thinking was going along those lines for quite some time now. I thought it would have been awesome if Kirk drives his bike, a thunderstrom showing up at the sky. He arrives at the fleetyard in rain. Its this summer rain, when its partially sunny and partially rains. Now he could have driven all around the construction sight. This driving arround the ship would have given us a really good impression of its size. Now imagine how the heavy rain patters on the hull of the ship, with the sunlight forming rainbows here and there, the water flowing down the hull...

yeah, Nice thoughts there Botany Bay. when i saw the clip in the trailer it kind of wetted my appetite and was hoping for a bit more but sadly we didnt. Im not saying lets have a TMP 10 minute jobbie oggle but maybe a minute or two longer would have been lovely. I wanted more detail showing the construction workers, chunks still missing, huge pieces being lifted into place etc.

starbase Britain
Old 05-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticarchie View Post
Urm, where do I begin? How much time have you got? Is there enough space on the forum's servers?

uh??? why have you all fallen asleep?

Heh, nice

-Free Enterprise
Old 05-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Fleet Admiral

A short scene of dialoge between Nero and Spock on the Narada after Nero captures Spock coming through the black hole could have went a very long way to fleshing out Nero as a character. Just a few lines, and not ones that give away the attack on Vulcan that is about to happen, but just a little peak into how Nero's mind works would have done some good for the film. And it could have been short enough not to affect the pacing.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:45 AM
Ensign

I would've like to have a few more scenes at the Academy, even a short montage of Kirk really knuckling down, maybe a shot of him racing down a corridor carrying a stack of books, with just his legs visable. Oh and coming onto a pretty blonde lab technician!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:32 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjopbj View Post
I would have liked more of Vulcan.
Me too.

Since they went to destroy it, I fear we only get Vulcan in Flashbacks from Spocks view in future movies. *sigh*

For 40 Years I hold Vulcan as my beloved favourite Planet and so yearned for seeing more of it ...

- into town
- into Spocks home, which has to be outside Shikar
- a bit more of the society
- desert
- costumes
- other Vulcans
- language
- art

just glimpses would have been enough, since I can stop the picture later on DVD and squee over it.

It was great to see the education, some children and this scene with Amanda and High Council of VSA, but why no vulcan language or symbols? I would have happily read the subtitles.

Sarek and Spock should have spoken Vulcan in this Father and Son dialogues in the School and later in Transporterroom. The High Council should have announced their things in Vulcan.

It would have been nice, when Amanda and Spock first speak Vulcan and then switch to English (or Fed Standard) a little on purpose. I missed these "alien language" things.

Also it would have been nice, if Uhura had used some words in Vulcan when she consoled Spock. Just a few words - just to show her expertise and his alien upbringing.

The Spock Prime/Spock scene also could have been in Vulcan in some Sentences - perhaps not all, but there are some things better said in Vulcan.

It was so rushed with the Vulcan scenes and then the planet was destroyed -

Kaiidth!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:43 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinoisguy1 View Post
I would have liked to see the attack by the Narada on the starfleet ships before the Enterprise arrived.

I also would have liked to have seen the Narada battle with the 47 Klingon ships.
I would have like to see Nero Just sitting in his chair for 25 years just waiting for Spock Now that would be action packed
And just think all that time he could have been attacking federation outposts and assorted ships until he got the red matter. But thankfully he was a Stupd Romulan
and played solitare on the ships computer while he waited

seriously i would have liked to see some of Kirk at the academy to show how good he was