The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > If they HAVE to do Khan...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Default If they HAVE to do Khan...

I know a lot of people don't want Khan in the next film, however my dad and I have decided on a suitable successor to Ricardo Montalban should the producers forgo the fans and decide to do Khan.

Our choice for Khan: Billy Zane. Why? Well, for one thing, he practically looks like a clone (pardon the pun) of Ricardo Montalban. Also, his roles have mainly been villainous, although the only role I really know him from was the abusive boyfriend in Titanic. Can't remember the character's name. If we can't have him, then my dad and I also selected a plan B: Arnold Vosloo, A.K.A Imhotep, from The Mummy. Both these actors would do a spot on job in my opinion. You all can search on IMDB for both actors and tell me what you think.

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 05-18-2009, 12:32 AM
Ensign

I would be onboard for Vosloo, as well as Billy Zane.

However, I also hope they stay away from Khan. I wanna see something original for the next film.
(Well... okay, I am secretly hoping for some key remakes of episodes... Where No Man has Gone Before as well as The Doomsday Machine... but I fear the big blue carrot would be reduntant in lue of this film's planetary destruction fetish).
Visit my gallery
Old 05-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Ensign

I don't want to see Khan done, but if they do I was leaning towards Geoffrey Rush...
Old 05-18-2009, 04:20 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Archer View Post
I know a lot of people don't want Khan in the next film, however my dad and I have decided on a suitable successor to Ricardo Montalban should the producers forgo the fans and decide to do Khan.

Our choice for Khan: Billy Zane. Why? Well, for one thing, he practically looks like a clone (pardon the pun) of Ricardo Montalban. Also, his roles have mainly been villainous, although the only role I really know him from was the abusive boyfriend in Titanic. Can't remember the character's name. If we can't have him, then my dad and I also selected a plan B: Arnold Vosloo, A.K.A Imhotep, from The Mummy. Both these actors would do a spot on job in my opinion. You all can search on IMDB for both actors and tell me what you think.

i'm on board sir with Arnold Vosloo. remember kahn is middle eastern descent.

All i ask is a tall ship, stars to sail her by.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:26 AM
Ensign

Gotta be Javier Bardem, the freakish hit man from No Country For Old Men. He's an excellent actor, plus he's definitely ethnic. Watch him in Woody Allen's Vicki Christina Barcelona to see what he normally looks like without that moppish hair.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:41 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanvideo View Post
Gotta be Javier Bardem, the freakish hit man from No Country For Old Men. He's an excellent actor, plus he's definitely ethnic. Watch him in Woody Allen's Vicki Christina Barcelona to see what he normally looks like without that moppish hair.
Just wanted to say, i'm new here, and with all the discussion of a possible Khan movie....Javier would make an excellent choice.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Hey guys,

I just did a bit of research, and I concur with the last two statements, Javier Bardem would be an EXCELLENT Khan. He certainly matches the physical appearance, and having played villainous roles in the past certainly qualifies him in my book!

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 05-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Ensign

I hope they don't go the Khan route, that's already been told.

Time for new stories
Old 05-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Commander

They Don't HAVE to do anything. It's a NEW universe that much they made clear. What's binding them to any of the old stories, at this point nothing and if they do retell the old stories...well frankly in my view that's lazy and uninspired.

-Free Enterprise
Old 05-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

If they do Khan, it won't be any thing recognizable compared to the original "Space Seed." The problem with making that episode into a feature length movie is that the entire plot takes place in only one location, aboard the Enterprise (except for a few brief moments aboard Botany Bay). I don't think that would hold up well for two hours, you would have to throw in some additional locations. Perhaps in this version someone else finds Botany Bay and Khan succesfully takes control of a ship or a planet

On balance, I think the idea of Khan sounds great in theory but not sure that it could be done in a way that is fresh.