The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > James Crawley Fans, He's there....
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Ensign

Default James Crawley Fans, He's there....

After seeing the film the sixth time, He's there.....

The scene is where Checkov is talking about Saturn's moon Titan. Crawley walks by Checkov, Quickly, when joining the others in front of the View screen.

And then, same sequence, when Spock enters the bridge to confirm Checkov's plan, Crawley is standing looking with Spock at the group, holding a Note Pad.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Didn't even notice. [shrug]
Old 05-18-2009, 05:51 AM
Vice Admiral

I'll have to check that out next time I see the move. Seen it 4 times already. I catch something I missed every time. Unfortunately, most of what I catch are the gaping holes in the swiss cheese plot. But I like New Voyages and I've seen almost every episode. Cawley can't act worth a crap, but he's got great TOS sets, uniforms, and props as well as fantastic CGI effects for an amateur project that doesn't make a profit. Check it out sometime. clikety
Old 05-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Commander

Is that really him? Looks to young to be. Abrams should have hired Cawley as a Creative consultant. I've only seen one episode of his "New Voyages", which i didn't like, but at least his versions of Trek episodes are pretty faithful to the O.S., they use authentic costumes, props, the bridge in his series is faithful to the 60s t.v. show, Gene's son is a consulting producer, they've had several guest appearances from stars of the original show, and have even gotten some production people to work on episodes, and writers from the original like D.C. Fontana. I wonder what he thinks of "New" Trek.