The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > What special features do you want on the DVD?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Midshipman

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Kal View Post
deleted scenes
behind the scenes feature
director commentary
cast commentary
concept art
alternate scene takes
visual effects feature
audio effects feature
composer interview
ALL trailers - international and domestic
ALL TV spots - international and domestic
pre and post production feature
cast interviews
easter eggs

and anything else I can't think of at the moment...
I love special features on movies, and I want to see this thing ultimately packed with millions of things to keep me entertained.

I agree with all of the above!
Hopefully a set tour will be included, and the behind-the-scenes better be good - I hate when it's simply "we went here & filmed, we went there & filmed".

Also, an extended cut with Kirk's brother put back in!!! (his scenes were filmed but cut out later!)
Old 05-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Lieutenant

I want 2 special features... the CGI shots before the lens flares and finger drumming effects were added, and the Enterprise re-rendered to proper scale and appearance. The latter I can live without, the first is excellent screenshot protection as they are very few clean scenes in the entire movie without blurring or flaring.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Lieutenant

Another idea I just had:

The DVD package should have a two sided disk with both screen formats (like most DVD's these days), but why not have an extra disk with a 3D version of the movie? Not all IMAX theatres have a 3D version of Star Trek (I didn't get to see it), and so I bet this would be a good buying incentive. Maybe the package could include collectable 3D glasses, the same type of high quality 3D glasses that were given away with "Chicken Little" at theatres a few years ago.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Ensign

Call me a perv if you will........

How to paint Gaila green?
Old 05-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Ensign

Talking dvd bonuses

well,for my money,it's blu ray or bust.dvd is not the proper format for a film of this calibur,imho.anyways,the blu disk should be packed with all kinds of trek goodness,such as a director's commentary,a behind the scenes doc,a blooper reel,deleted scenes with the option to put them back into the film itself or at the very least a director's cut ala the lord of the rings trilogy.it should aslo have some really cool packaging like a steelbook or maybe they could have different ships that hold the disks.i just don't want them to come out with a standard version,then six months later,release an uber edition.i hate when studios double,even triple dip.i want the definitive version and i'm willing to pay for it.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhess68 View Post
Call me a perv if you will........
How to paint Gaila green?
I vote via finger paint.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Ensign

Default Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonk39 View Post
well,for my money,it's blu ray or bust.dvd is not the proper format for a film of this calibur,imho.anyways,the blu disk should be packed with all kinds of trek goodness,such as a director's commentary,a behind the scenes doc,a blooper reel,deleted scenes with the option to put them back into the film itself or at the very least a director's cut ala the lord of the rings trilogy.it should aslo have some really cool packaging like a steelbook or maybe they could have different ships that hold the disks.i just don't want them to come out with a standard version,then six months later,release an uber edition.i hate when studios double,even triple dip.i want the definitive version and i'm willing to pay for it.

I agree TOTALLY with you! First of all Blu-Ray, if done right, is the best way to watch movies at home. In my opinion the only way! Also I am of the opinion that there needs to be either an extended or director's cut of the film. Of course i'd like to have the original theatrical cut as well. Deleted Scenes, Making-of Documentary, Commentaries and all the Theatrical Trailers need to be there as well.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Ensign

I think they should include kilngons fighting the Narada as a deleted scene, or include it in the extended/directors cut if they make one.

I like all the stuff they do to show you how each part was done like they did in the star wars dvd's like a documentary on the stunts, the design of the vehicles, clothing and such.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Vice Admiral

I think they should include a scene of Narada destroying Kronos.