The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > What special features do you want on the DVD?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Midshipman

extendd edition sounds like a neat idea, but pleaso not 30 more minutes. I think that would take the drive out of this movie. 10 - 15 minutes of good footage will do

Oh yeah, and all deleted scenes seperately in one menu please
Old 05-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I would like to have the significant deleted scenes (as opposed to the deletion of a couple of words here and there) restored the way Peter Jackson did for Lord of the Rings, especially if it includes a bit more explanation of Nero and the Klingons.

If there isn't anything about that which was shot, then, yes, a copy (even if abridged) of the comic that set all that up should be included.

Schematics of the ship also sounded like a good idea.

And multiple languages for the North American version - more than English, Spanish, and French, please. I would really like the soundtrack for every language it's been released in!

Adding:

I will also go on record as saying that director's commentaries usually put me to sleep. Actor commentaries are much more interesting, unless the director is VERY good at speaking to a lay audience. They are usually too absorbed in mechanics, and the mechanics can be better highlighted with a "making of" segment.

Last edited by Sohna : 05-16-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Federation Councillor

I think the commentaries depend on the person giving them.

Not all of them are good at engaging the viewer - usually group commentaries work better. But I've heard a couple of commentaries that were actually quite fun.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 05-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Ensign

I'd like some bloopers, and "making of" information. The usual extras. But above all else, I would like to see some deleted scenes. I have the feeling that they shot more scenes which revolved around Spock's origins, etc. I'm curious...

And I can second whatever anyone else has said re commentary. I can hardly wait!!
Old 05-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Lieutenant

This may seen off base, but I would LOVE to see a "after the catch" (for all you Deadliest Catch types like me) roundtable of everyone they can get from TOS and this movie. A one hour long discussion on the film and the characters, moderated by Patrick Stewart.

(I know, I know . . .but hey I admit my fanboyish tendencies at 38 years old! Just wish Jeffrey Hunter could have been there.)
Old 05-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Lieutenant

Deleted scenes: Having listened to the book, which gives more insight and information about what we see in the movie, I'm hoping those scenes were made but deleted, and will find their way onto the DVD.

Outtakes: Outtakes, or bloopers, are always fun. I find it rather off-putting when a studio does not include them.

How it was made: Having been born in the 50's, I'm just amazed by the special effects computers can create. I enjoy seeing how shots are done with blue screens (?) and other tricks. For me, it in no way takes away from the magic of the movie- it just makes me marvel even more.

Commentary: Again, stories and thoughts of the actors and director, etc, only add to the magic. I'd like at least 2 commentaries- one with the director, another with Quninto and Pine, along with others.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Vice Admiral

I would like

Featurettes that would be interesting

Photo gallery

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Old 05-17-2009, 06:00 AM
Ensign

I want it all!
Old 05-17-2009, 06:38 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

Gene/Majel Roddenberry memorial video.

Set by set tour of the bridge, corridors, sickbay, engineering.

Exterior of the Enterprise rotations.

Downloadable audio files of Majel as the E's Computer, culled not only from the movie, but all of the series as well.

Maybe some interviews between the TOS cast members, and their new movie counterparts.

ILM special effects shot progressions.

Downloadable LCARS screensaver of some of the movie set graphics.

The usual commentaries and making of stuff.

Easter eggs, similar to what PIXAR did on the "Incredibles" disks.

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:59 AM
Lieutenant Commander

I think the DVD will be rockin...they want to bring replay value and missing scenes are always cool. I think it will be a great addition to my library.

Everything I want has already been discussed ,so I want it all!