The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > The Next Generation > Future of Enterprise E and her Crew After Nenesis?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Ensign

Default Future of Enterprise E and her Crew After Nemesis?

Future of Enterprise E and her Crew After Nemesis , What do you think ?what is the future of Enerprise E crew? I know what the books say and some other sites ,but this something we can have fun with.

Last edited by NX Enterprise : 05-15-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Ensign

If you want to know what happened after Nemesis, i recommend reading the novel: Star Trek: Resistance.

I have not finished it yet, but it feels like a Next Generation TV show. Captain Picard still has nightmares about the Borg. Worf got a promotion but declined it, and was still not over his wife death, Dax (Deep Space Nine).

Its very good.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Well, as I'm not that keen on the new film, I'm taking Paramount's reboot of the whole thing as a kind of license to fan fiction anything, without feeling tied to Paramount's canon, but respecting the vision of Gene Roddenberry's future and a lot of the continuity.

An example, I've never like the plot to Nemesis. So what I might do is write my own story to take it's place and continue on from there. Whether I'll extend that to other films or series I don't know, if I do it'd only be minor adjusts here and there. I'd probably also flesh out some of the areas of the universe where it is sparse, define the culture of the Star Trek future a little more than what is shown. Fix Enterprise so that Trip doesn't die, bad Berman, bad Braga, go sit in the corner!

Why do this? Mainly for my own pleasure I think, maybe to take back some control of Trek. Paramount may own it fair enough, but they can't stop me from imagining my own Star Trek under my own rules.

Plus, their embracing a new time line with the new film, gives all fans freedom to have a play with both established and their own characters. We don't need X million dollars to write good fiction.

That
...is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence. - Q
Old 05-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

What is a "Nenesis"?

Old 05-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Lieutenant

I am partly agree with your ideas.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Lieutenant Commander

At some point after Nemesis, just to add a more definite sense of finality to "The Next Generation", I'd have the Enterprise-E involved in some major battle to preserve the peace between the Federation and Romulus. The Enterprise is critically damaged, and Picard orders the ship abandoned, all except for him. The crew is reluctant at first, but eventually decide to obey his last order. The last time we see Picard, he is bruised and battered, sweating, at the helm of his crumbling starship, consoles exploding around him, a look of grim determination set upon his face, even as the flames engulf the bridge. As the Enterprise is destroyed, and Picard killed along with her, the Romulans realize the value of peace with the Federation, and after two centuries, they cease hostilities and open comunication to make diplomatic negociations.

In the same manner as James Kirk and Rachel Garret before him, Picard sacrifices himelf and everything he holds dear in order to make a difference...

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 05-25-2009, 03:30 AM
Federation Councillor

The novels and fan-fic don't do anything for me, so I've never given any thought to what happened next for the TNG crew.

Much as I loved them, I've moved on from them. Post-nemesis - they are out there having adventures I know nothing of. Works for me.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 05-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Ensign

Simple, after realizing what they had done in Nemesis they flew the ship into the sun in order to avoid the embarassment.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Captain

I love how they turned out in the trilogy, DESTINY I love that Worf is Picard's #1, and Picard and Crusher are married and going to be parents. I love that Riker and Troi are married and pregnant. I have no idea how it ends, as I am only halfway through the last book, but it is very exciting. Geordi is also still chief Engineer of ENT E. The only thing about Destiny is it doesn't mention Data or B4. I would of loved to have seen more of that. Anyway, that is how I like to see the TNG post Nemesis crew.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Rear Admiral

Novels, comics, and online games aside, I think the Enterprise-E is going to be around for a long time (unlike her immediate predecessors), and will probably have several different captains and crews before she's through.

Twenty years from now, the Enterprise-E may look drastically different than when we last saw her in Nemesis after a number of significant upgrades and refits....