The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > What are your favourite moments in Star Trek
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Let's see -

The whole Kelvin sequence.

The Kobayashi Maru sequence.

The departure from the Starbase, and the antics of getting Kirk aboard.

All great moments, my friend.

And the antics of getting Kirk aboard. I PMSL at those moments.....the whole "buddy flick" element of the movie right there.

PSST!
"Gaaahhhh.....STOP IT!"

McCoy: You've got numbtongue!
Kirk: (exasperated) Nudtug?! I hab nudtug?!!

PSST!
"Ack! GOD!!!"

Old 05-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

It has been said in this thread before but the Enterprise dropping out of warp in the atmoshphere of Titan was a master stroke. The whole sequence was only a few seconds but the powerful parts of it were -
  • The powerful sounds that E was making when first settling down in the atmosphere after coming out of warp - this was a scene where the noise drew me in and made me feel I was there
  • Cut to the seasoned and well-oiled team of Sulu and Chekov - "Give me half impulse for five seconds and I will do the rest on thrusters". They execute as though they have done this 1000 times. Another mark of the crew coming together into their roles in the way only they can
  • The Enterprise pulling itself up from the atmoshpere and into position. My heart leaps and my mouth opens whenever I see this scene. The message coming across is a ship and crew that is powerful and in command - and ready to strike the master blow in the conflict. The visual aspect of this scene is just stunning.
Now, my second favorite scene is when Spock is engaging the Narada and staring down "all weapons" heading for him. "Captain, there is another ship" and the E drops from warp with all guns blazing on the torpedos. Perfect "Cavalry coming over the hill" scene that just grabs your heart.

Shortly, thereafter, as you see Spock steering the Red Matter ship into the Narada, right as they cut away you get about 1/5 of a second of transporter blur around Spock's head and you just know that everything will be all right.

I needed a cold shower and a cigarette after these final scenes....

Really the best Trek I have EVER seen on the screen....
Old 05-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Dunsel View Post
It has been said in this thread before but the Enterprise dropping out of warp in the atmoshphere of Titan was a master stroke. The whole sequence was only a few seconds but the powerful parts of it were -
  • The powerful sounds that E was making when first settling down in the atmosphere after coming out of warp - this was a scene where the noise drew me in and made me feel I was there
  • Cut to the seasoned and well-oiled team of Sulu and Chekov - "Give me half impulse for five seconds and I will do the rest on thrusters". They execute as though they have done this 1000 times. Another mark of the crew coming together into their roles in the way only they can
  • The Enterprise pulling itself up from the atmoshpere and into position. My heart leaps and my mouth opens whenever I see this scene. The message coming across is a ship and crew that is powerful and in command - and ready to strike the master blow in the conflict. The visual aspect of this scene is just stunning.
Now, my second favorite scene is when Spock is engaging the Narada and staring down "all weapons" heading for him. "Captain, there is another ship" and the E drops from warp with all guns blazing on the torpedos. Perfect "Cavalry coming over the hill" scene that just grabs your heart.

Shortly, thereafter, as you see Spock steering the Red Matter ship into the Narada, right as they cut away you get about 1/5 of a second of transporter blur around Spock's head and you just know that everything will be all right.

My jaw dropped in the IMAX version when the Enterprise rises over the dust clouds near Titan. She was larger than life.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Midshipman

Fan called it for sure. I think Jim Kirk being set up for a life of loss and greatness by his dad was it. Brought a tear to me eye
Old 05-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerhanner View Post
You blaspheme, sir. Pistols at 10 paces?
LOL!!!! Fine, pisotols at dawn. Now, which one of us will dress as Uhura, and which as Chapel (hmm...I'm thinking either way you win!)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
My jaw dropped in the IMAX version when the Enterprise rises over the dust clouds near Titan. She was larger than life.
Saw it on IMAX as well...that scene was incredible!!!

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:55 AM
Vice Admiral

how about when they were in Ambassador's Spocks ship and Kirk said Spock It'll work. I have a lot of favourite moments in the film.

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Old 10-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Dunsel View Post

That sequence is probably one of my favorites in the movie.

The Enterprise just zipping to all stop in an instant, with the warp engines powering down.

Then as she rose from the clouds, with the music building to the hero shot framed by Saturn.

The sound mix was fantastic, the visuals stunning, the music as mighty and beautiful as the imagery.

Perfect.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBuckFilms View Post
That sequence is probably one of my favorites in the movie.

The Enterprise just zipping to all stop in an instant, with the warp engines powering down.

Then as she rose from the clouds, with the music building to the hero shot framed by Saturn.

The sound mix was fantastic, the visuals stunning, the music as mighty and beautiful as the imagery.

Perfect.
It was a great shot - but I never got to see it IMAX myself. Only regular screens!

courtesy of Saquist
Old 10-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Fleet Admiral

And Sulu's face when they were out of the atmosphere

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 10-11-2009, 05:01 AM
Vice Admiral

How about
I liked when Bones said to Spock do you ok then are you out of your vulcan mind, are you making the logical choice
When Kirk said it would be my honour commander
I have so many favourite moments

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy