The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Deep Space Nine > What One Thing Would You Change?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default What One Thing Would You Change?

If you could change just one thing about DS9, what would it be? Personally I think Dukat going crazy at the end of Sacrifice Of Angels was a HUGE mistake.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Midshipman

I thought that was great! And what they did with it later in "Waltz" was so awesome!

If I could change something, it would be not to kill Jadzia at the end of the 6th season
Old 02-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I think making him crazy took away the other dimensions to him and just made him a generic crazy bad guy rather than a thinking, feeling villian with complex motivations.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I would have incorporated a lot of what happened in season 2 into the aspects of the show in the later years. The whole Provisional Government and Circle arc seemed like it was dropped in the later years and it was sorely missed.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Midshipman

i agree with cowman...shoulda kept jadzia around for season 7. think how many episodes were wasted on establishing backstory for ezri that season.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazurkr View Post
i agree with cowman...shoulda kept jadzia around for season 7. think how many episodes were wasted on establishing backstory for ezri that season.
Yes, they shouldn't have killed Jadzia....But they were getting to the point of having kids.....A Kingon/trill baby seems wierd. But i would bear that just for Jadzia.....Blabbering Ezri...The only good episode with her was that one where she was trying to catch a killer on the station and she had to unleash the killer host (What was his name again? i forgot) to figure out who it was.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoW mAn View Post
I think making him crazy took away the other dimensions to him and just made him a generic crazy bad guy rather than a thinking, feeling villian with complex motivations.
Cowman: Either way, he was a threat to Sisko and the Bajorans.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoW mAn View Post
If you could change just one thing about DS9, what would it be? Personally I think Dukat going crazy at the end of Sacrifice Of Angels was a HUGE mistake.
Going crazy at the end of Sacrifice of Angels didn't bother me...it's what
happened a few episodes after that when he turned himself into a bajoran.
I hated that.

I would also change the outcome of the war. Have the Dominion almost
win, then like in Babylon 5 how the Minbari fled, so should have the Dominion.
I hate that Earth always wins...Why can't we just, barely win, like in B5?
Without cheating!

"It might not be so bad. For all we know the Vorta could be gluttonous, alcoholic sex maniacs."
~Quark and Ziyal
Old 02-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFire View Post
Yes, they shouldn't have killed Jadzia....But they were getting to the point of having kids.....A Kingon/trill baby seems wierd. But i would bear that just for Jadzia.....Blabbering Ezri...The only good episode with her was that one where she was trying to catch a killer on the station and she had to unleash the killer host (What was his name again? i forgot) to figure out who it was.
They had to remove Jadzia from the show because Terry Farrell, thinking the show would not go beyond the original 6 year contract she signed, did a pilot for a sitcom that was picked up. She wasn't under contract anymore. She basically had to leave the show, and the way it was set up (married and planning on children), the only way she could have left, was to kill her.

What they shouldn't have done was bring Dax back. It wasn't necessary. It would have added to the character's sense of loss and would have allowed for better stories surrounding the other characters (there were a lot of secondary characters that they could have expanded.

Though I did like the Ezri character (and the actress is pretty attractive too).

Oh, and the killer's name was Joran
Old 02-20-2008, 05:04 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I would've killed Jadzia in Change of Heart. Would've shocked the audience and then I could've brought Ezri in sooner.