The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > What of Sybok? and Kirks Mom? (possible Spoiler)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default What of Sybok? and Kirks Mom? (possible Spoiler)

1. you think JJ might overlook Spock's half bro?

2. how come we didn't see anymore of Kirks mother? I would have thought she'd be there at least in the end making Captain.

my lug nuts require more torque than your honda puts out
Old 05-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Rear Admiral

I'm am personally happy we did not see Sybok.

And for Spocks mom, remember a lot of scenes were cut from the movie. I would be willing to bet that the DVD release will have more of her in it.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post
I'm am personally happy we did not see Sybok.

And for Spocks mom, remember a lot of scenes were cut from the movie. I would be willing to bet that the DVD release will have more of her in it.
well, wasn't wanting to see Sybok in this movie either...just wanted to know if JJ will leave him out completely in future Trek history

my lug nuts require more torque than your honda puts out
Old 05-13-2009, 06:44 AM
Vice Admiral

Concerning Kirk, what about his big brother George Samuel? Is James Kirk an only child in this universe?????
Old 05-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
Concerning Kirk, what about his big brother George Samuel? Is James Kirk an only child in this universe?????

That's a good question, because I was wondering the same thing myself?

If we are to believe this is an alternate timeline and that everything before the Kelven's encounter with the Narada is the same as the prime universe than Kirk's brother should still be around right?
Old 05-13-2009, 07:15 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataan View Post

If we are to believe this is an alternate timeline and that everything before the Kelven's encounter with the Narada is the same as the prime universe than Kirk's brother should still be around right?
You would think so. But there is no mention of him. Of course, elsewhere on this board there are discussions about other oddities that lead one to believe that the entire Abramsverse is alternate. And that Spock and Nero went through a doorway to the Abramsverse when they fell through the black hole instead of just creating an alternate timeline. That would explain a great many things. Such as the apparent size of the Kelvin - 800 crew?? And the location of Delta Vega - Is is a moon of Vulcan or a planet at the outer edge of the galaxy (WNMHGB)? There are too many things that can't simply be explained away by Nero's interference.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataan View Post

If his brother was around, wouldn't he have been on the shuttle with their mother? Actually, I guess they're not doing the Enterprise D thing with having whole families on board, which makes me wonder what Wynona was even doing on board. Whatever, it made for a great series of scenes.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:19 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
You would think so. But there is no mention of him. Of course, elsewhere on this board there are discussions about other oddities that lead one to believe that the entire Abramsverse is alternate. And that Spock and Nero went through a doorway to the Abramsverse when they fell through the black hole instead of just creating an alternate timeline. That would explain a great many things. Such as the apparent size of the Kelvin - 800 crew?? And the location of Delta Vega - Is is a moon of Vulcan or a planet at the outer edge of the galaxy (WNMHGB)? There are too many things that can't simply be explained away by Nero's interference.
That's for sure, there are lots of inconsistencies that can't be simply explained away by the introduction of the Narada. Not only did they apparently not care anything about the actual timeline but it's like some focus group set down that never really watched trek and they started plucking random names and things from the hat and put a label on it and wrote into the movie.

Someone should start a list of these inconsistencies!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyanEva View Post
If his brother was around, wouldn't he have been on the shuttle with their mother? Actually, I guess they're not doing the Enterprise D thing with having whole families on board, which makes me wonder what Wynona was even doing on board. Whatever, it made for a great series of scenes.
That's another good point AyanEva, I found it kind of strange to find families on board a federation ship this early in the game. We never heard of anything like that until Picard's time and Enterprise-D. I am with you it was a plot device they used to get the end result they were looking for, nothing more!

Last edited by Kataan : 05-13-2009 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Edit Response