The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > If you wrote for Enterprise & could turn back time, what ONE change would you have?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-29-2008, 11:31 AM
starbase63's Avatar
starbase63 starbase63 is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 1,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
I would have changed "Broken Bow."

Set the series in 2101, used a more primitive looking "ringship" Enterprise, and dealt with things closer to Earth or within Sector 001. No Klingons, no Romulans, no Borg, no Ferengi, and definitely no Temporal Cold War. The only major aliens would have been Vulcans and Andorians and the serious villians would have been the Orions from the very beginning. Instead of Starfleet Command, there would have been Earthfleet Command, and the crew would still be using guns like today with laser weaponry only just coming into widespread use. Transporters aren't even being thought of, and subspace visual communication is limited to only a light-year, but audio can go many times farther.

The crew would have remained the same--but T'Pol would not be the first officer, only a civilian Vulcan scientist, and Phlox would have been a Human from Alpha Centauri who knows really nothing of Earth society.

And "Faith of the Heart" would have been an instrumental only or something more orchestral.
The only thing is, Commodore, the ring ship was supposedly a starliner, not a Starfleet ship.

Love Boat in Space, anyone?
__________________
Never keep a Vulcan waiting...
Admin, sb63's Star Trek Logs, member of the Trek Webmaster Program
STL is now also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekLogs
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Enterprise Captain's Avatar
Enterprise Captain Enterprise Captain is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Posts: 1,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
I would have changed "Broken Bow."

Set the series in 2101, used a more primitive looking "ringship" Enterprise, and dealt with things closer to Earth or within Sector 001. No Klingons, no Romulans, no Borg, no Ferengi, and definitely no Temporal Cold War. The only major aliens would have been Vulcans and Andorians and the serious villians would have been the Orions from the very beginning. Instead of Starfleet Command, there would have been Earthfleet Command, and the crew would still be using guns like today with laser weaponry only just coming into widespread use. Transporters aren't even being thought of, and subspace visual communication is limited to only a light-year, but audio can go many times farther.

The crew would have remained the same--but T'Pol would not be the first officer, only a civilian Vulcan scientist, and Phlox would have been a Human from Alpha Centauri who knows really nothing of Earth society.

And "Faith of the Heart" would have been an instrumental only or something more orchestral.
Perhaps you should read the title of this thread ONE more time. What your describing is a completely different show.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

that's right...
I agree with him on everything but the music. I had no real problem with it excpet the show it was attached to.

He's totally right about the Orions...Earth Fleet Command, laser weaponry.
HE's absolutely right about T'pol too...see would have been a civilian or at least a representative.

I could barely just change one thing.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-01-2008, 03:35 AM
NCC-73515's Avatar
NCC-73515 NCC-73515 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 7,207
Default

I wouldn't name the ship Enterprise.
I wouldn't let the future Borg be destroyed.
I wouldn't steal Kirk's adventure from ST6.
__________________


"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

What do you mean about stealling kirks adventurre from ST6?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Commodore's Avatar
Commodore Commodore is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Starbase 24
Posts: 2,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
What do you mean about stealling kirks adventurre from ST6?
In Star Trek VI, it was clearly said that no one had ever escaped from the Klingon prison on Rura Penthe.

ENT ignored that and had Archer escape from there a century before Kirk and McCoy did...
__________________
Free your mind, and the rest will follow.
--En Vogue
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Commodore's Avatar
Commodore Commodore is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Starbase 24
Posts: 2,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
Perhaps you should read the title of this thread ONE more time.
I read it perfectly the first time.

Quote:
What your describing is a completely different show.
No, just one that takes more advantage of its timeframe and not that of later eras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase63
The only thing is, Commodore, the ring ship was supposedly a starliner, not a Starfleet ship.
It was never mentioned as a starliner onscreen, however, so that's the wriggle room we can play with.

In that capacity, such ships could easily have been early pre-Starfleet exploration vessels, perhaps launched in the late 21st-Century/early 22nd-Century...
__________________
Free your mind, and the rest will follow.
--En Vogue
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-08-2008, 09:55 AM
jla1987's Avatar
jla1987 jla1987 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,483
Default

Personally, I just would've included a lot more references to TOS. Probably wouldn't have saved the show, but it would definitely have made some better episodes. A little more lead up to the Earth-Romulan War would have been cool.

BTW, the theme song didn't fit Trek at all and I wouldn't have ever used it for the intro.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-08-2008, 10:18 AM
sir num nums sir num nums is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 2,357
Default

Yeah, the theme song was nice, but it just did not fit with Star Trek.
However, you have to keep in mind the title "Star Trek" did not even show up until later seasons. So, maybe that is why they tried a different theme song.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
In Star Trek VI, it was clearly said that no one had ever escaped from the Klingon prison on Rura Penthe.

ENT ignored that and had Archer escape from there a century before Kirk and McCoy did...

OOOH....Another Enterprise boo boo.
I'm not really that surprised.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.