The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > If you wrote for Enterprise & could turn back time, what ONE change would you have?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Admiral

One thing I think I would've done was to condense that Xindi story line into a few episodes or cut it all together. I think one of the show's main problems was devoting a whole season to that story. It was an interesting story and it was the first time Earth was threatened in a way that meant human civilization being wiped out, but I think it just took the show down a road that ultimately couldn't get it out of cancelation. The fourth season was strong. If that season were put in place of the Xindi third season, or even earlier I think the show would've stood a much greater chance in getting a longer run. It just seemed to be finally gelling on it's fourth season.

Also all the time travel. That show seemed to have more time travel than any other trek series. I wasn't much of a fan of the Daniel's story line. I would've stuck to like Saquist said in an post above, first contact situations and also going into what causes the wars with the Klingons and the Romulans. In fact I thought that was what they were going to do in the pilot but they sort of backed off from it. Enterprise to me just seemed to be a show that could never commit to a direction, but in the fourth season, it was getting close.

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"

Last edited by Livingston : 02-23-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Fleet Admiral

The music was actually a nice departure...I was feeling it untill I saw the ship...
It had a good premise for exploration...it's unfortunant the stories weren't about exploring.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Midshipman

see im the other way round. at first the ship annoyed me but i had yet to get used to it.

but that music. i have 3 seasons and i ALWAYS skip the titles

am i the only one that thinks that it sounds like "freedom isn't free " from team america?
Old 02-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Rear Admiral

Enterprise and Team America are both Paramount

But, I'm sure it's just a coincidence.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Fleet Admiral

Oh...and my friend had an idea on the name of the ship....
Perhaps it should have been called Star Trek Explorer with the ship named The Explorer...

Old 02-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post
Enterprise and Team America are both Paramount

But, I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Very funny...never thought about this!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Fleet Admiral

Ultimately I'd have had enterprise do much more first contacts.
This was a time of exploration....
Humanity had never been so far out...
What happend why the went to Cygnus and found the black hole we all predicted was there? Or all the planets we're finding to day around those same near by stars...
What about thoroughly exploring the solar system?
Vulcan episodes would have been great...and I know the had some but there would have been much more.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I would have completely nixed the Xindi thing (let's have a World War II in space, not a War on Terrorism in space) and had seasons 3-6 focused on the Romulan Wars, something which we all knew was going to happen, something we also knew would happen in the same decade as Archer, but done instead with no visual contact, to keep in with canon. In TOS "Balance of Terror" they said the war ended in 2160, so I would also have changed the years of the first two seasons from 2151 and 2152 to 2153 and 2154, then have the Romulan Wars with the 'primitive nuclear weapons' be fought, ending with the Battle of Charon, where the Romulans invade the Terran system, since Charon is a moon of Pluto. To explain the impulse-only line from Scotty, I'd say that the smaller ships were impulse only, but the big warbirds were capable of warp from the beginning, since they'd need it to leave Vulcan in the first place. The feel of the NX-01 was good, but the ship needed to be smaller, and even more primitive in general appearance. And DON'T KILL OFF TRIP!!!!

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 02-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Lieutenant

I just never got into the first season stuff. As others have said, maybe having Coto earlier would have made a difference. I was okay with the Xindi arc and season four was excellent Trek, but it lacked something before that point for me.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Captain

I like the Admiral's ideas. I always thought it would be great to see the Romulan Wars. Even doing a long story line with the Romulan wars instead of the Xindi would have been good. But like DS9, I would have waited out doing this long story line until later seasons when character development was over....

I agree with seeing more of the First Contact missions, but I would have loved to see more of the development of the Prime Directive. Enterprise already had started dabbing into this, but never really took off with it. I suppose the First Contact of new worlds would go hand in hand with the Prime......

If you can't tell by my name, one of my all time favorites of any Trek is "Damage" from Enterprise. I think that episode would have been a great jumping point to the Prime Directive. One of the best written...was anyone else waiting for some magical ending where both ships get what they want? Great ending....