The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > theaters are not what they ve used to be
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Vice Admiral

my friend monsieur ... u should have grabbed his laser pen and smash it,then kick his a** out

i threaten to crash their stupid cell phones yesterday,when they foolishly attempted to raise their voice to me,i stood up,only my fiance restrained me not to beat their heads to the floor

dont forget this....we PAY to see a movie,not to be harrashed by super nova idiots

Last edited by jtrek79 : 05-10-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrek79 View Post
my friend monsieur ... u should have grabbed his laser pen and smash it,then kick his a** out

i threaten to crash their stupid cell phones yesterday,when they foolishly attempted to raise their voice to me,i stood up,only my fiance restrained me not to beat their heads to the floor

dont forget this....we PAY to see a movie,not to be harrashed by super nova idiots
I could have complained at the ticket booth, but then I would have missed a large chunk of the film. I wasn't about to do that, I was enjoying myself too much to let a guy with a butt for a brain bother me.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Fleet Admiral

My worst experience was when I went to see Aliens Vs Predator Requiem.

First off, a mixed couple (black man/Indian woman) comes in and takes the seats across the aisle from me. The man goes back for snacks, and the woman has a CRYING baby in her arms as the movie is playing.....I shoot her a look to shut the little frakker up. Then, she talks on her cell phone. My next glance at her (even as her man returns) is murderous. "Get the frak off the cell phone and shut the frak up!" is the look she gets....and she quickly hangs up.

THEN, to top it off.....a group of young children are playing down front on the floor, making noise. I'm about to say something, but someone up in the back speaks first:
"Excuse me, could someone please control their children. We're trying to enjoy a movie here!"

Sadly, all he got for a reply was derisive laughter from some of the other movie goers. Thankfully, the little fraktards were silenced, because I was about to go get one of the ushers, and tell them to either get the parents to shut their punks the hell up, or get them out of the theater since they have NO business seeing this kind of movie.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Fleet Admiral

Thankfully, both times I went to see Trek there weren't any disruptive people. I suppose I should consider myself lucky, since there have been many times in the past where people blew the movie for me (my second viewing of Episode III was a nightmare that really stands out).
Old 05-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Admiral

When I was in a theater for Star Wars Ep I there was a punk kid with a laser pointer and I said "Stop who ever has that laser pointer or I'll stuff it down your throat" and suddenly it stopped.
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 05-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Starkiller View Post
When I was in a theater for Star Wars Ep I there was a punk kid with a laser pointer and I said "Stop who ever has that laser pointer or I'll stuff it down your throat" and suddenly it stopped.
Ugh, I remember the laser pointer craze from back then. What was with that? It was certainly a fad that didn't last long (thankfully).
Old 05-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Ensign

Ok so I'm from the UK, maybe its a lot different elsewhere?

I went to see the movie and had no problems, never really do, if someone is messing around, people will usually say something that or they usually get ejected and someone almost always complains.

I go with my husband most the time, and if someone were acting like an a*se and spoiling the movie for us he would say something, I know what he is like. He wouldn't be vilent towards them, thats not his way plus he might loose his job if he were.

There are quite a few cinemas around me to choose from, theres the vue, the Odeon, the Showcase Cinema, and the Empire.

We choose the Empire cinema purley because you can book specific seats in advance online through viewing a seating plan of what ever your seeing. The seats are nicers. Plus I have never had problems with kids there, (maybe thats because if they book last minute for a popular movie, on the day at the cinema, they usually end up sitting in the first lot of seats which arn't very popluar as there not the comfy ones?)

Also like Empire as they were the ones doing Star Trek cups for the new movie, which my Husband really liked (Sad to say he even took a popcorn container home cause they were doing a trek one of them)