The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > The OFFICIAL STAR TREK 12 THREAD
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Vice Admiral

2012 is too long for me to wait why can't the writers not come up with possible stories for Trek XII, Is it likely they will write a script soon?

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Old 02-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsrcks View Post
2012 is too long for me to wait why can't the writers not come up with possible stories for Trek XII, Is it likely they will write a script soon?
It'll happen when it happens. There're millions apon millions of dollars involved, at least a couple of layers of committees for the project to seep and filter through, and egos and schedules.

In other words, it's complicated.

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 02-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Ensign

As far as story lines, I was just thinking the other day... how about this: According to the comic that accompanied the movie, Nero, while on the Ent. E looked up historical information. This is how he recognized the Enterprise. What if Nero copied other historical info and had it on board the Narada. 24th cent. historical information in the hands of 23rd cent. fill in the blank(Klingons, Romulans, Khan, etc.)
Old 02-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
It'll happen when it happens. There're millions apon millions of dollars involved, at least a couple of layers of committees for the project to seep and filter through, and egos and schedules.

In other words, it's complicated.
Oh ok I was just wondering but I think they will make it brilliant the sequel, do you think they will? Why is it complicated

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy

Last edited by starwarsrcks : 02-09-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Vice Admiral

Let them explore something unknown in the new universe but I also think klingons might be involved do you think it would work for the sequel just curious we probably won't know anything yet.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:15 AM
Vice Admiral

The young captain Kirk has to be tested in the sequel, somebody like a TOS style enemy, anyone want more character development?

Old 05-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Midshipman

Wink RE: Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smothwe3009 View Post
Here's something I thought would be good in Trek 12: During a mission, Enterprise intercepts a distress call from the Regula I outpost - they're being attacked by Klingons. When they arrive, the place is in pretty rough shape. Only a handful of survivors; a young scientist named Carol Marcus being one of them. We learn that the Klingons have stolen some new technology and plan to use it in their war with the Romulans. Kirk and Co. have to stop them. At some point in the movie we learn that the Regula scientists have been betrayed by one of their own, a Vulcan.
Preferably the last bit should happen at the end of the film setting up the plot for Star Trek [13]: The Manhunt For Spock. Oops, I've given the game away...
Old 05-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen View Post
Now that might be interesting! The Klingons have just been over done. The Romulans have a lot that could be fleshed out, but the last 2 movies have dealt with them, so we do need a break from Romulans. As for the Gorn, I could see doing that. Without the Metrons hopefully...
How about Tholians? Don't really know much about them except they're "Bad-Azz".
Old 08-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Commander

Surely they will take an old episode and remake it in their own special way, adding a multitude of special effects, motion shake, and blinking lights? ..........er...ah...Dooh! Didn't they do that with ST XI, only without using an old script? lol I'll shamefully go hide in a dark corner for now.......

I think that the best episodes of ST, either TOS or TNG, though more prone to go with TOS as it tackled, only as science fiction could, some of the more challenging problems of man-kind. There was always the technology of the 23rd century to support the writing, but, in my opinion, the technology never overpowered the story. They were stories of challenge or conflict, either personal or worldly. Not just of war, but of the human condition. We could recognize those stories as applying to our own culture(s).

Yes, I could go with the flashy special effects, but to have (another) ST movie with the effects driving any story would be a let-down to me. I want a story that has some truly (human) character to it as was found in several, though not all, of the TOS episodes. The movies that I feel worked the best because it had the most (human) factors in it was TWOK or even TUC, both having their share of fx, but more of an underlying story to them of expectation, grief, friendship, and salvation in spite of the circumstances. Just my opinion...

I hope that those qualities will be seen in the next and they can do it without re-booting TWOK or any previous villain or episode. I could respect an effort to continue a follow-up to a TOS story, but in this universe there have not been any of those original stories to happen...yet, so if they were to tackle an alternate original to this timeline, they better have a great storyline. There could be no amount of fx to make a repeat story great.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Lieutenant

Wow. We have brought back to life a oldie here.