The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > Was Enterprise (the series) cancelled too soon?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should Enterprise have been cancelled so soon?
No, it was canclled just as it was getting good! 128 87.67%
Yes, I'm glad they cancelled it! 18 12.33%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2008, 04:47 AM
Ensign

I loved it with a passion and watched it religiously all 4 seasons. Of course 3 and 4 are my favourites though. 4 had some of the best eps in all 40 years of the franchise.

My favourite series are

TNG
DS9
Enterprise
TOS Re-Mastered only.
Voyager.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:51 AM
Lieutenant

Going to have to agree with everyone else here. Season 4 was one of the best in all of Trek. Saying that, the series finale was just horrible. I was disappointed with that after such a good season. Nevertheless, the season had some great stories.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:53 AM
Ensign

That finale was like taking a dump on the shows grave I know B&B had good intentions but they screwed up big time. Having said that I've always supported them for giving us Enterprise, DS9 (yes most of the cred goes to Moore and Behr and Pillar but Pillar and Berman got the ball rolling) and the best 3 seasons of TNG which were the last ones.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:57 AM
Ensign

If you consider how weak TNG was in its first two seasons and how good it became and then reflect on the quality of seasons 3 & 4 it can certainly be said that the show was hitting its stride. I think it was taken off air too soon and sesons 3 & 4 are arguably superior to anything Voyager gave us.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:09 AM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelio1985 View Post
All this timetravel sucked, and I am sincerely hoping, they don´t do it in the upcoming movie!

I'm sorry to report (for you anyway) that time travel WILL play a part in the new movie. According to rumours, the young Kirk and young Spock meet the older Spock, and there is an even younger Kirk involved, but I'm not sure where he comes into it.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:17 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I'm sorry to report (for you anyway) that time travel WILL play a part in the new movie. According to rumours, the young Kirk and young Spock meet the older Spock, and there is an even younger Kirk involved, but I'm not sure where he comes into it.
I was hoping, that maybe that would all be part of sth. like flashback or so.
And that we would maybe see the child Kirk witnessing the launch of the Enterprise and that beeing the key moment for him, to become a Starfleet Captain himself one day!

Well I don´t think that it would be very wise to use TimeTravel again, didn´t ENT teach us, how you can destroy sth. good, like the idea of the Series, with sth. that sloppy done like the Time Travel in ENT?
I Mean come on, I was crying on how stupid that Nazi Two part episode was between season III and IV!!!
Weren´t you?
Old 01-31-2008, 05:22 AM
Midshipman

I know what you mean. "The past is the future, the future is the past, it all gives me a terrible headache." (Cpt. Janeway)

The idea of a child Kirk watching the launch is good - I didn't think of that. There was what, 20 years before he commanded it?

By the way, how do I put spoiler alerts or whatever on posts? I may have given something away without realising it!

Old 01-31-2008, 06:13 AM
Midshipman

Here in Russia we have many die-hard ENT-fans. Thats all because it is one and only trek-series, that was shown on our TV from very first episode to the last, т.е. entirely.
And it was repeated 3-4 times in last 2-3 years.
Yet we had 1-3 seasons of TNG, and 1,2 and 7-10 movies. And thats all folks!
DS9 and VOY(and the rest of TNG and movies) we have to order online from europe or USA, and watch in english. Or download..
So ENT practically have no rivalry, it is definately the most popular trek-show in Russia.

I'am not a very big fan of this show myself. Though I don't think that it is awful, or "not trek". But, imho, it is the weakest trek series of all.
Yes, 4th season was very good, but Star Trek needed a break, that was obvious. If only for several years, but it was needed.

p.s. Sorry for my english - I am from Ferenginar, and my UT is broken

Old 01-31-2008, 11:40 AM
Ensign

The first 3 seasons of Enterprise was such a dissapointment. What we got in season 4 is what I expected in season 1. Yeah the powers that were got the message too late. It's such a shame because the concept was so great.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I think it should have lasted longer