The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > So the only series unaffected by Star Trek is...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Optimus Prime's Avatar
Optimus Prime Optimus Prime is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Extreme southern Louisiana
Posts: 23
Default So the only series unaffected by Star Trek is...

...Enterprise.

Interesting, isn't it?

There was even the reference to "Admiral Archer and his dog," though I can't see how that can be Jonathan Archer and Porthos. One or both would definitely be dead by then.

Prime
__________________
"Outgrossing Star Trek is the right of all blockbuster sequels featuring giant, transforming alien robots."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-08-2009, 01:02 PM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,077
Default

It would seem so. And now the 23rd Century doesn't look older than it either!
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Thascales Thascales is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 978
Default

According to Archer's bio, he lived to see the NCC-1701 launched in the prime timeline. So he might well have lived long enough (he'd probably be around 140 I guess? 22nd century medicine I suppose). As for Porthos though, a hundred years is sort of pushing it. :P Must be another beagle.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Captain Sisko's Avatar
Captain Sisko Captain Sisko is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 156
Default

What the hell is wrong with everyone? What we know as star trek before this film is still there. This movie doesn't change a ****ing thing. The film is a story about Nero jumping back in time CAUSING another timeline and stuff happens. Right now Picard, riker, worf, etc etc are all sitting in the 25th century right now wondering WTF happend to Spock and Nero. Thats it. I don't understand why people are like, "So, what TV series, episodes, etc etc. are wiped from canon?" Jeez, what the hell is going on here. BTW I loved the movie.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-08-2009, 01:25 PM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,077
Default

It's ok, don't get overheated there!

It just points out that the only series now present in an unaffected way in both timelines is Enterprise.

The rest of it does remain having happened in the original.
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Optimus Prime's Avatar
Optimus Prime Optimus Prime is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Extreme southern Louisiana
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sisko View Post
What the hell is wrong with everyone? What we know as star trek before this film is still there. This movie doesn't change a ****ing thing. The film is a story about Nero jumping back in time CAUSING another timeline and stuff happens. Right now Picard, riker, worf, etc etc are all sitting in the 25th century right now wondering WTF happend to Spock and Nero. Thats it. I don't understand why people are like, "So, what TV series, episodes, etc etc. are wiped from canon?" Jeez, what the hell is going on here. BTW I loved the movie.
I don't know what movie you saw, but it was very clear that there is ONE timeline and that it was essentially re-booted by the death of George Kirk.

Thus things will happen differently than they did before. Now, the original timeline exists only as the history of the timeline that led to this one.

So Captain Sisko, I'm afraid you and your contemporaries may no longer exist as you did before.

And I'm quite happy about that.

Prime
__________________
"Outgrossing Star Trek is the right of all blockbuster sequels featuring giant, transforming alien robots."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-08-2009, 01:41 PM
omegaman's Avatar
omegaman omegaman is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Penrith NSW Australia
Posts: 4,609
Default

And we'll just have to wait for the reboots of all those other series in this timeline, if they ever happen.
__________________
TREK IS TREK. WHATEVER THE TIMELINE!

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Captain Sisko's Avatar
Captain Sisko Captain Sisko is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
I don't know what movie you saw, but it was very clear that there is ONE timeline and that it was essentially re-booted by the death of George Kirk.

Thus things will happen differently than they did before. Now, the original timeline exists only as the history of the timeline that led to this one.

So Captain Sisko, I'm afraid you and your contemporaries may no longer exist as you did before.

And I'm quite happy about that.

Prime
I hope you're joking, because it's been clearly stated in the film and other sources that as soon as the Narada enters in the past that's where a new timeline similar to the prime one starts. This movie was about destiny and fate. A damn good movie. The prime universe is unaffected (the one we all know and love)
__________________

Last edited by Captain Sisko : 05-08-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Captain Sisko's Avatar
Captain Sisko Captain Sisko is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post
And we'll just have to wait for the reboots of all those other series in this timeline, if they ever happen.
They won't need to.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-08-2009, 01:50 PM
omegaman's Avatar
omegaman omegaman is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Penrith NSW Australia
Posts: 4,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sisko View Post
They won't need to.
Maybe. But if there's money to be made watch it happen.
__________________
TREK IS TREK. WHATEVER THE TIMELINE!

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.