The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > So How Did This Timeline Get By Daniels And His Group?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignite4christ View Post
Daniels annoys me! Why can't we just enjoy the fact that TREK IS FREAKING BACK! IT IS A DIFFERENT UNIVERSE AND WE BETTER GET USED TO IT!

Its not Star Trek, its Abramsprise
Old 05-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sisko View Post
The only movies they can do now are just sequels to this universe B (Star Trek 2009) or a whole new crew in the 25th century in the prime universe (universe A).
They can do anything they want.

For example: In the prime timeline (A) they could make a movie where Data (Captain of the Enterprise) is looking into the explosion of the Hobus star and discovers what happens to Prime Spock and discovers a way to communicate with Prime Spock in the alternate timeline and....

As far as timeline (B) is concerned it's open slather for recreations of anything that was done in timeline (A) with different actors of course for series or films other than the new Enterprise and her crew.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Its not Star Trek, its Abramsprise
Where is the duck. Potato chips sing ballads into the night. Sing me a riddle to cross. I kicked the walrus and put the carpenter in a headlock. What? are you serious? He stole Scott Bakulas magnum? I shot the sheriff and you better believe I shot the deputy too. I fought the law and Godzilla won.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataan View Post
If on the other hand this is just a parallel timeline running beside the original one and the original one was not effected then that is a different story. If this is the case I wished they had in some way tied that up a little better and in such a way to let true 'trekkies' know their time honored universe still exists.
Just for fun, I'll flip this around: I think it's only some die-hard fans who are insisting that the prime universe DOESN'T exist. Spock gives no indication the other 'line' has disappeared or been erased -- indeed, he wasn't, nor was anything from it. One of the writers went to great lengths in interviews to state specifically -- FOR FANS -- that the prime universe continues merrily on uninterrupted and unchanged.

Yet people still refuse to believe the evidence given, while asking for more of it. I don't get it.

Quote:
I am ok with making a Trek movie in such a way to draw non-trekkies into the fold, but it's something totally different to throw decades worth of established canon out the window just to draw these folks in.

I truely hope that the parallel timeline is the case and multi-hundreds worth of episodes are now null and void.

Kataan
See the above and calm your fears. I just saw TWOK on HD last night... it still exists... and looks better than ever.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post
They can do anything they want.

For example: In the prime timeline (A) they could make a movie where Data (Captain of the Enterprise) is looking into the explosion of the Hobus star and discovers what happens to Prime Spock and discovers a way to communicate with Prime Spock in the alternate timeline and....

As far as timeline (B) is concerned it's open slather for recreations of anything that was done in timeline (A) with different actors of course for series or films other than the new Enterprise and her crew.
I clearly stated the universe B can have sequels MEANING they can do what the hell they want with peeps from ds9 voyager etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

as for the universe A (prime) Data shouldn't give a rats ***. Picard, data, worf etc etc etc already accepted spocks demise.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sisko View Post
What the hell is wrong with everyone? What we know as star trek before this film is still there. This movie doesn't change a ****ing thing. The film is a story about Nero jumping back in time CAUSING another timeline and stuff happens. Right now Picard, riker, worf, etc etc are all sitting in the 25th century right now wondering WTF happend to Spock and Nero. Thats it. I don't understand why people are like, "So, what TV series, episodes, etc etc. are wiped from canon?" Jeez, what the hell is going on here. BTW I loved the movie.
I like the point you bring up, however, the problem is not that you are mostly correct, it is that we were left in this crappy timeline at the end of the movie. If what you are saying (of which i like and quite agree with) is true, then the movie should have ended with a view from the TNG point of view to show that everything is all right.

Unfortunately, this did not happen (oh i wished that happened) and we were left with this wrong Enterprise and crew at the end of the movie. This ending leaves some of us feeling that this is now how Star Trek is (from now on) or the stories will be told now from this timeline. That is what is hard to swallow.

Unlike the Mirror Universe episodes from TOS, DS9 and ENT, we were left with the understanding that all the mahem was left in that universe and the next adventure would be in the established Star Trek time-line. Sadly, this is not the case with this movie and now all future movies, TV shows will now be devoid of that rich history that was established over the last 40 years.

Someone has said this in another thread, If we are now stuck in this timeline, why do we even care about Star Trek, the history, the stories or the people if we are no longer going to be exploring that universe any further?

Last edited by JamisonB : 05-08-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Midshipman

I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT BRAGA... HE DESTROYED TREK... With ENTERPRISE....

Manny Cotto Did a good job in the last season of ENT, to reverse the damage that idiot did to the time line
Old 05-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Captain

Quote:
Daniels and his future guys that were supposed to be protecting the original timeline from changes really messed up if the events of this newest movie truely effected the timeline portrayed in Enterprise, TOS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager.

If on the other hand this is just a parallel timeline running beside the original one and the original one was not effected then that is a different story. If this is the case I wished they had in some way tied that up a little better and in such a way to let true 'trekkies' know their time honored universe still exists.

I am ok with making a Trek movie in such a way to draw non-trekkies into the fold, but it's something totally different to throw decades worth of established canon out the window just to draw these folks in.

I truely hope that the parallel timeline is the case and multi-hundreds worth of episodes are now null and void.

Kataan
I got the satisfaction from Prime Spock! He stated that the timeline was altered, but he still knew everyting about the timeline or alternate universe, so that means it was still in tact. If the prime timeline were to have been replaced by this new one, Spock would have no memory of it.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Daniels and his future guys that were supposed to be protecting the original timeline from changes really messed up if the events of this newest movie truely effected the timeline portrayed in Enterprise, TOS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager.

Kataan
This is how... Enterprise sucks.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Agent Daniels was released along with Berman and Braga. As for the rest of the 'timefleet,' they probably gave up a long time ago. Seems like a fruitless effort?