The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Thank you and apologies (Minor spoiler)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default Thank you and apologies (Minor spoiler)

First, I want to thank the moderators for fixing my disaster involving the Code for the Spoiler tag. I am not a good coder and I think you can see proof of that

Second, I want to apologize if I have upset anyone. I am probably one of a very few people who remember watching Star Trek at the age of 3. My Mom is a massive Star Trek Fan and she could not get enough of the episodes when they came on and so I would sit on the sofa with her at Grandmothers house and watch. (Grandmother is big star trek fan too)

This movie actually hurts. the destruction of Vulcan was unwarrented, and unnecessary. I interpertet (SP sorry I amazed my professors with my spelling errors back in the day) this as Abramsdisaster saying, "Look what I can do to your precious universe," Its the one thing that has actually raised my blood pressure. Can you imagine how hard it was not to speak about this till the movie came out?

And as I said if I made anyone upset or angry at me, I apologize.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Commander

...but the Roddenberryverse is perfectly safe. Vulcan still exists. Just not in the Abramsverse. Nothing has changed. (I need to start lettering the universes because those names are too fecking long to type every single time) I think this is why I, for one, am so baffled over the resistance. It's all still there!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyanEva View Post
...but the Roddenberryverse is perfectly safe. Vulcan still exists. Just not in the Abramsverse. Nothing has changed. (I need to start lettering the universes because those names are too fecking long to type every single time) I think this is why I, for one, am so baffled over the resistance. It's all still there!
As I said in another thread, When Paramount makes a series or a movie in the normal universe i will buy it that the Normal Universe is still there. (Sort of like what Enterprise and DS 9 did in their episodes involving the Mirror Universe)
Old 05-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
As I said in another thread, When Paramount makes a series or a movie in the normal universe i will buy it that the Normal Universe is still there. (Sort of like what Enterprise and DS 9 did in their episodes involving the Mirror Universe)
Well, not much more I can say then.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Federation Councillor

We all knew about Vulcan weeks back. If that was the sole thing you could have mentioned it in a spoiler quite easily. Everyone else did.

Anyway I think it was a terrific move, you don't - such is life.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 05-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Commander

Quote:
Star Trek Online is set in the prime timeline. That might be stretching the definition of canon, but it's some comfort at least.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyanEva View Post
See this guy gets it. Thank you AyanEva I was starting to think this board just went insane. Nothing has changed people. Get it through your heads.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thascales View Post
Star Trek Online is set in the prime timeline. That might be stretching the definition of canon, but it's some comfort at least.
Everything in that game is going to be canon. They have all the rights etc etc.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
This movie actually hurts. the destruction of Vulcan was unwarrented, and unnecessary.
It's fine, honestly. I'll let you into a little secret which Vulcans never speak about. Vulcan was a crap planet. One big orange desert with some grim statues on it. No fun at all. They'll build their civilisation on another world, make some babies and who knows, maybe they'll get round to building some new giant grim statues.

You know, people take things far too seriously. Someone (sorry if it was you) actually said that the destruction of "you know where" was like a cancer eating them inside. Seriously, talk about getting things out proportion. Star Trek is wonderful, I love it all (even the bad bits) but when all's said and done, there are real things to worry about (like real cancer or losing real people).
Old 05-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sisko View Post
See this guy gets it. Thank you AyanEva I was starting to think this board just went insane. Nothing has changed people. Get it through your heads.
Girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbler View Post
It's fine, honestly. I'll let you into a little secret which Vulcans never speak about. Vulcan was a crap planet. One big orange desert with some grim statues on it. No fun at all. They'll build their civilisation on another world, make some babies and who knows, maybe they'll get round to building some new giant grim statues.
Hopefully they'll pick some place with a bit more shrubbery.