The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > (Maybe Spoiler) This IS Star Trek, and it IS Canon (maybe Spoiler)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Ensign

Default (Maybe Spoiler) This IS Star Trek, and it IS Canon (maybe Spoiler)

The New Film plays into a Parrallel Universe not into a Alternative Timeline because in the known Timeline JTK is Born on Earth in Ioha and his Dad newer was First Officer at the Kelvin. Spock and Nero travels accidently by the affects of the Singularity which was created to defeat the Supernova into this Parralleluniverse, and this change the Timeline into this Parraleluniverse So the Destroy Vulcan which should be the Wrath of Nero to Spock into our Timeline Is an Attack to the Spock into this Paralleltimeline.

and who is asking why Spock not travelles Back to our Universe he thinks he is more usefull into this Universe because the Vulcans an endangered Species now I think.

And So it is ABSOLUTLY TREK AND ABSOLUTLY CANON
Old 05-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Single Universe, alternate timeline which has its own canon from the point of its creation.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Admiral

Actually According to Countdown Comic

SPOILER
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 05-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post
Single Universe, alternate timeline which has its own canon from the point of its creation.
The OPs explanation makes more sense.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post
I thought it was that until I read Countdown, seems more like what happed in "In a Mirrior Darkly"
Old 05-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjolnir2000 View Post
But omegaman's explanation is true. :P
Old 05-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
As I understand it Nero and Spock are thrown back in time of their own timeline where events then create the alternate timeline. This event occurs in the current Universe NOT a parallel one. Therefore single Universe, alternate timeline. NOT Parallel Universe, parallel timeline.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thascales View Post
But omegaman's explanation is true. :P
According to whom? The only thing that's canon is what appears in the film, not what the writers say about the film. Writers can change their minds, and often do - nothing is set in stone until it appears on screen, and as long as there's nothing in the movie that actually states this is the same universe, then you can't say one way or the other.

Edit: for example, didn't the director of Nemesis mistakenly say at one point that Geordi was an alien? Just because someone associated with a production says something, that doesn't make it true within the context of said production.

Last edited by Mjolnir2000 : 05-04-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Commander

Quote:
According to whom? The only thing that's canon is what appears in the film, not what the writers say about the film. Writers can change their minds, and often do - nothing is set in stone until it appears on screen, and as long as there's nothing in the movie that actually states this is the same universe, then you can't say one way or the other.

Edit: for example, didn't the director of Nemesis mistakenly say at one point that Geordi was an alien? Just because someone associated with a production says something, that doesn't make it true within the context of said production.
Fair to say. I've not seen the film, so I don't know what they say about the timeline divergence within the canon. I'd be surprised if it turns out to be a fully parallel universe rather than a split timeline though (and it scares me that I know the difference, I should get out more).
Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Ismay View Post
The New Film plays into a Parrallel Universe not into a Alternative Timeline because in the known Timeline JTK is Born on Earth in Ioha and his Dad newer was First Officer at the Kelvin. Spock and Nero travels accidently by the affects of the Singularity which was created to defeat the Supernova into this Parralleluniverse, and this change the Timeline into this Parraleluniverse So the Destroy Vulcan which should be the Wrath of Nero to Spock into our Timeline Is an Attack to the Spock into this Paralleltimeline.

and who is asking why Spock not travelles Back to our Universe he thinks he is more usefull into this Universe because the Vulcans an endangered Species now I think.

And So it is ABSOLUTLY TREK AND ABSOLUTLY CANON
Sorry, but I disagree with you.