The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Easter Eggs in Star Trek XI (Spoilers Alert!)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH-MacSwane View Post
I'm surprised the super obvious star trek II ripoff hasn't been mentioned yet. Nero putting the critter into pikes mouth, it even looked like the ceti eeel that Khan used in TWOK, and had a similar function.
I believe he called it a "Cetitian" .. something.. Slug maybe? I think it was supposed to be the same as from TWOK, but it went in through the mouth as (what appeared to be) an adult, instead of through the ear as a larva.

I loved the black goo around Pike's mouth when Kirk rescued him. No doubt some sort of nastiness from the alien bug.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Rear Admiral

I saw 2 Easter Eggs in reference to Galaxy Quest in the movie.

1: Engine Room: Scotty was trapped in the tubes filled with water... He was approaching "Chompers" until Kirk got him out of the release hatch.

2: Transporter Controls: They looked very similar to the ones in Galaxy Quest.

Also, The transporter pads looked a lot like the room they used to travel back in time in the movie "Timeline".
Old 05-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Fleet Admiral

The Klingon Warbirds in the KM scenario in this movie, while retaining their basic same shape, do have some modifications to them. Check out the toilet bowl....er...I mean, forward boom section around the torpedo launcher. That's just one difference I noticed.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorDe' View Post
One thing I must ask. Did anyone notice that when Kirk, Sulu and Olsen went Sky Diving down to the screwhead, that Olsen was a "Red Suit"? And they was on an away team and he was the first to die?

Damn.. you beat me to it.. i was in the theatre like .. whelp that guy is dead meat... LOL
Old 05-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Damn.. you beat me to it.. i was in the theatre like .. whelp that guy is dead meat... LOL
same here. I was thinking straight off how many minutes will it be before he's toast? (and he was - literally)
Old 05-10-2009, 03:37 AM
Ensign

I forgot to mention this one, and it was a biggie to me… a subtle sound mix…

When Kirk was looking around on Delta Vega if you listen carefully you can hear two very distinct sounds from TOS mixed in, first the sound of the ‘vibrating plants’ from ‘the Cage’ and second the howling winds from lots of TOS episodes.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:14 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren1303 View Post
I believe he called it a "Cetitian" .. something.. Slug maybe? I think it was supposed to be the same as from TWOK, but it went in through the mouth as (what appeared to be) an adult, instead of through the ear as a larva.

I loved the black goo around Pike's mouth when Kirk rescued him. No doubt some sort of nastiness from the alien bug.
Centaurian slugs.

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 05-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

Um... one of the things I thought was funny was that the surface of the Planet Vulcan was made up of that same rock formation from "Arena." Aka "Vasquez Rocks, CA" which has shown up in COUNTLESS science fiction and western films, TV episodes. Only they repeated that same slanted peak over and over and over...

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgallina View Post
SPOILERS (OBV)
The way Kirk says "Bones" in the last three minues of the movie is ABSOLUTELY delivered with the Shatner swagger, head shake, and delivery. Chilling moment.
I felt the same way. Also, during the Kobayashi Maru scene, did you notice the definite Shatner-esque cadence to some of the things PineKirk said? The sort of quick rattle-off before turning his attention elsewhere. For example, when he says "Begin rescue of the stranded crew", then immediately goes into his bragging about beating the test. I thought that was another nice nod to ShatnerKirk without being a parody.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Lieutenant Commander

I am seeing ST tonight again with my daughter (my 3rd, her 1st) and I am looking forward to paying less attention to the story, and more to the visuals of the film. A couple of things I want to look out for:

Duct tape on the console
Intercooler fins opening during warp
McCoy's pinky ring
Ejecting warp cores
Hey Georgie, or Hey Johnny
McCoy calling for Nurse Chapel
Size of airlock door that ejects Kirk

What other tidbits are not listed?