The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Virtual USS Enterprise tour.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thascales View Post
Indeed... according to the 3.8m deck height figure (that I agree with), the statistics that have been quoted in this thread give the new Enterprise 50 decks.

50 decks..? That's taller than a Galaxy... I cannot believe these Enterprise statistics, I'm afraid. I definitely think the ship is bigger, but... not bigger-than-the-most-obscenely-big-ship-ever bigger...
Maybe we're just comparing to the old ship too much...maybe it wasn't supposed to be the same size...

But this confirms my initial estimate that the scene with Kirk riding up the ship scaled it WAY to large...

Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Lieutenant

It also explains how Kirk's father saved 800 lives on the kelvin.
Especially if they are in any way close to size of one another.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

has anyone actually done whats in the link, not that im paranoid or anything...but i just dont like installing active X plugins
Old 05-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Ensign

yeah I have, held up my print out to the cam and it displayed a 3d model of the JJprise.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Lieutenant

nope, and I'm not going to either... going through all of that gave me the blue screen of death
Old 05-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Ensign

i did try the tour already. looks awesome! hahahaha. didn't expect that it'll work with me, coz i have a crappy webcam. ahahhaha. it was great! though still, i can't believe that the new Enterprise is that big. (hasn't JJ Abrams confirmed the actual size of the new Enterprise?)

on the side note, they were referring to the ship decks in LETTERS. (although letters were already used before in star trek)

like the Bridge is on Deck A, the shuttlebay is on Deck N (i think!) i'll get back to the tour later. waaaaaaahhh!!!!! now i'm confused. =))

sorry if i made quite a stir here guys, well, actually i just wanted to share the link and those info that i got from the tour :P

[*eMPee*]
Old 05-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Commander

Lettered decks eh? Another reason for the ship to not have 50 decks. What would you do after Deck Z?
Old 05-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Lettered decks eh? Another reason for the ship to not have 50 decks. What would you do after Deck Z?

hahahhaa! i know Thascales! LOLz. that's why i'm really confused now. hahahahahahhaaa...
Old 05-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:

actually there were numbered decks on the Refit-Enterprise during the Motion Picture-The search for Spock. there's only 21 decks on abrams enterprise. i know what he's doing and he can't change a 21 deck ship to a 50 deck ship in the 23rd century. There are NO ships in the 23rd century that carry 50 decks. not in the prime-universe and def, not in alt-universe.

"I was out saving the galaxy when your grandfather was in diapers. Besides the galaxy owes me one" Captain James T. Kirk 2371
Old 05-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Capt. Kirk Fan View Post
actually there were numbered decks on the Refit-Enterprise during the Motion Picture-The search for Spock. there's only 21 decks on abrams enterprise. i know what he's doing and he can't change a 21 deck ship to a 50 deck ship in the 23rd century. There are NO ships in the 23rd century that carry 50 decks. not in the prime-universe and def, not in alt-universe.
Nah, in the alt-universe, all bets are off after 2233. And said bets get increasingly more off as time goes by and the universes diverge more and more. That's the whole point of creating a divergent timeline. Of course, I've no idea why Starfleet made the Connie bigger, maybe they just decided to pump more resources into the Constitution project. :P