The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Lines at the first showing? How early for good seats?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 05:46 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by os10 View Post
Like many of you guys, I have tickets to the first IMAX show on May 7. Anyone care to guess how early we should get there to land some decent seats? I just want to sit somewhere in the middle, I don't like being too far off center. I think the show is sold out since they aren't available on movietickets.com anymore and I'm a little worried that Trek fans are like Star Wars fans that camp out all day, but really I have no idea. If I go to the theater an hour early would that be enough..?
I have not seen any advertising for Abramsprise in any city in Tennessee. Cloverfield had and X-men has advertising all over the place here. Also no local station is running Abramsprise ads. but they are running ads for a movie next month and for x-men

That said, I suspect it might be possiable to walk up to the window 15-30 minutes , here, before the film begins to get a good seat. Thats my opinion.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I have not seen any advertising for Abramsprise in any city in Tennessee. Cloverfield had and X-men has advertising all over the place here. Also no local station is running Abramsprise ads. but they are running ads for a movie next month and for x-men

That said, I suspect it might be possiable to walk up to the window 15-30 minutes , here, before the film begins to get a good seat. Thats my opinion.
You don't have ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX where you live? The networks have had all kinds of ads in all kinds of shows.

You don't have a Burger King? Because that's all Burger King is doing now.

You don't have a movie theatre that's been showing a trailer or had posters up?

Just because there are no "local" ads on stations in your area, doesn't mean there isn't buzz and that there won't be a crowd. I live in Manchester, New Hampshire and there have been no "local" ads here, but we see spots for this movie all the time. Star Trek is EVERYWHERE right now and people here are definitely looking forward to this movie.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:32 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by os10 View Post
Like many of you guys, I have tickets to the first IMAX show on May 7. Anyone care to guess how early we should get there to land some decent seats? I just want to sit somewhere in the middle, I don't like being too far off center. I think the show is sold out since they aren't available on movietickets.com anymore and I'm a little worried that Trek fans are like Star Wars fans that camp out all day, but really I have no idea. If I go to the theater an hour early would that be enough..?
Don't you have tickets with seat numbers and rank, if you have ordered the tickets in advance?

I will go this evening (germany), early enough to catch my popcorn and drink this time (which I didn't manage at the premiere in Berlin in case of utterly excitement)
Old 05-06-2009, 06:57 AM
Captain

I noticed they have added several shows on Thursday night. Instead of just 7 & 10, they have added shows for 730, 830, 9:00 939, and 10:30. I feel that arriving one hour before will be plenty. I hope so!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Commander

Quote:

My TV is absolutely SATURATED with commercials on every channel, air and cable. The Star Trek ads here definitely outnumber any other upcoming/current movie(s) by quite a large percentage. Then again, Philadelphia is a large media market and Comcast is here, which owns Fandango for one thing.

I haven't seen any bus shelter billboards but Wolverine and Terminator don't seem to have many/any either. I've seen exactly one for Wolverine. However, there may be some downtown, which is where they usually put the bus shelter movie billboards. I did see an advertisement for the Star Trek exhibit on the train yesterday, though.

I don't know about walking up for tickets or not at the theater I'm going to. It's a possibility. We have surprisingly few individual theaters that I know of but I think that's because most of the ones we have are multiplexes ranging in size from Medium (The Bridge) to Large (UA in Manayunk) to Ridiculously Ginormous (UA on Delaware Ave). Then there's also King of Prussia, which is quite large and I believe there are a couple of theaters further out in the Northeast section of Philly. All of these have a lot of screens so you can always get tickets somewhere.

The theaters at the UA on Delaware Ave. are ridiculously HUGE. I watched the first Harry Potter there and I seriously felt like I was at a bizarre sporting event, that's how many seats there were. I think it's the strangest movie experience I've ever had! I haven't been to the UA in Manayunk, which is where we're going, but judging from the building it's a pretty decent size. Not as big as Delaware Ave. because it's a less populous region of the city.

Since we printed our tickets online, we can apparently bypass the line or something or another and go straight in.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Rear Admiral

Since I am near Sacremento, the State Capitol City of California...There has been an incredible amount of buzz, TV and Radio ads regarding Trek. The radio this morning was advising movie goers that they need to show up at least 2 hours prior to showtime to ensure seating. That means I have to beat feet all the way home and grab the family, then shake the spot back to the theater that is 20min away if there is no traffic
Old 05-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef* View Post
Don't you have tickets with seat numbers and rank, if you have ordered the tickets in advance?

I will go this evening (germany), early enough to catch my popcorn and drink this time (which I didn't manage at the premiere in Berlin in case of utterly excitement)
No they don't do that here in the US. Sometimes I kinda wished they did because I don't have the time to wait in line. But when I do have the time and I have friends waiting with me, that can be almost as fun an experience as the movie. So that's a toss up for me.
I hope your stepson doesn't eat the fish
There's something wrong with me
There's nothing wrong with you
Don't eat the fish
-
System of a Down
Old 05-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Ensign

My friends and I booked our tickets last night online, there were still quite a few decent seats left, but all the favorite seats were gone (towards the back, middle). Though I think it'll be full when we show up tonight (8:45pm NZ Time)
Old 05-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Vice Admiral

I usually go to the theater about 45 minutes prior to showtime. In my small town we have a pretty big theater that attracts people from all over, but even then I have never had a problem NOT getting a ticket or having to wait in a massive line. 45 minutes early allows me to buy the tickets, get my popcorn, coke, candies, nachos, and hotdogs then find a decent seat!
Old 05-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Sources? You dont count.