The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > break up with GF
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Ensign

i want to thanks all guys who replied. the truth is that i feel better, and i feel stronger. thanks for your suggestion and encouragement..!!!

Star Trek Voyager DVDI am back//Star Trek The Next Generation DVDman/woman-problem
Old 05-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman1984 View Post
i am not a materialistic, but i become materialistic with her. She thought that man must make more money than the woman, otherwise the woman feel shamed. The society is this. i don't care who has a higher salary, but she care. I think i make a good decision. i appreciate that you got a right GF.
You DID make a good decision!!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:24 AM
Fleet Admiral

It might still hurt for weeks or months, but it might help to constantly remind yourself that it would never have worked with her while she has such a role for her boyfriend/husband in mind.
Damnit Jim, it's about love not about who has the bigger paycheck.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:35 AM
Admiral

SOmething better will come along. I know what your going to have a break up but now I'm happily married to a far better woman.
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 05-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman1984 View Post
We have been together 2 years, and we will gratuate from the college, but we got a different job, her salary is higher than mine. and we have a different family backgroud, hers is richer than mine. and we have a different pesonality, she is active and i am a little dump. But we feel funny together, and communicate happily with each other. The fact that i can't give her something what she want, i just can give the damned love. what is love, there is no pure love, is this real? i gave her a message that we break up even though i can't throw the love away. But i must do this. Her parents objected because i just a poor students. i must accept this fact. i have no enough money to afford this heavy love.

It sounds to me that you are seeking a woman with high standards. You have two choices: (1) Clean up your act. Stop being a "little dump" and get a better job. It sounds like you want a relationship based on friendship but she wants someone who can be a true partner in life. I guess she's in her mid 20's. Women that age are not quite in the "nest building" phase yet but they know what's coming. She's looking for someone she can lean on. Is that you? If it is, get yourself in shape and prove it!

OR (2) settle for less. Find a woman with lower expectations. Who's doesn't want an active fellow.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjopbj View Post
It sounds to me that you are seeking a woman with high standards. You have two choices: (1) Clean up your act. Stop being a "little dump" and get a better job. It sounds like you want a relationship based on friendship but she wants someone who can be a true partner in life. I guess she's in her mid 20's. Women that age are not quite in the "nest building" phase yet but they know what's coming. She's looking for someone she can lean on. Is that you? If it is, get yourself in shape and prove it!

OR (2) settle for less. Find a woman with lower expectations. Who's doesn't want an active fellow.
What? Where did you get this from? "Get a better job"?? I can see him needing to find someone more like him, as far as being a homebody goes, or him trying to be more outgoing and willing to go out and do things, but "get a better job"??? Since when is who makes more money part of a healthy relationship? Based on the thread starters original post I could not tell if HE was the one uncomfortable that he made less, or if it was his girlfriend, so I asked him to clarify, which he DID. SHE is the one that is materialistic and had problems with him making less than her. I say he did the right thing by getting rid of a bit*h like that!!

p.s. opposites DO attract in many cases. Sometimes when one partner is very outgoing and always wanting to go out, that will rub off on the homebody. The opposite happens as well.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
It might still hurt for weeks or months, but it might help to constantly remind yourself that it would never have worked with her while she has such a role for her boyfriend/husband in mind.
Damnit Jim, it's about love not about who has the bigger paycheck.
i agree, but i try to adjust myself, do some other interesting things, let every thing about her throw away! thanks!!

Star Trek Voyager DVDI am back//Star Trek The Next Generation DVDman/woman-problem
Old 05-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Starkiller View Post
SOmething better will come along. I know what your going to have a break up but now I'm happily married to a far better woman.
congratulations. now, i never think of the marry things, which makes me mad.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjopbj View Post

OMG, your analysis is absolutely precise, she is looking for a man she can lean on. i am not her type. thanks very much!!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Ensign

luckyman, may I ask where you are from? I only ask this as I've spent time in Asia and the English seems similar to the students there who learn it, and where relationships can be quite different to US of A and others.