The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > break up with GF
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Vice Admiral

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjopbj View Post
Did you break up with her or did she break up with you? Who caused the break up? Why?
We have been together 2 years, and we will gratuate from the college, but we got a different job, her salary is higher than mine. and we have a different family backgroud, hers is richer than mine. and we have a different pesonality, she is active and i am a little dump. But we feel funny together, and communicate happily with each other. The fact that i can't give her something what she want, i just can give the damned love. what is love, there is no pure love, is this real? i gave her a message that we break up even though i can't throw the love away. But i must do this. Her parents objected because i just a poor students. i must accept this fact. i have no enough money to afford this heavy love.

Star Trek Voyager DVDI am back//Star Trek The Next Generation DVDman/woman-problem
Old 05-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
"If winter comes, can spring be far behind?"

Go see a good movie this weekend. Its gonna be alright.
i decide to watch a NBA game with my friends on the weekend. Thank you!!!

Star Trek Voyager DVDI am back//Star Trek The Next Generation DVDman/woman-problem
Old 05-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
I have a feeling he was dumped or he wouldn't be so down over the whole thing. Just a guess.

LuckyMan, breakups aren't supposed to be easy. They're supposed to hurt and get messy. If they didn't, then you wouldn't LEARN anything. You wouldn't learn what you truly want out of a relationship. You wouldn't learn what BS you are unwilling to put up with. Give it some time. You'll be fine. I don't suggest jumping into another relationship just to get over feeling lonely. I say, take lots of time for yourself and do the things you've always wanted to do. Before you know it you'll meet someone else and look at this part of your life as just another learning experience.
I am a little upset, but i find i turn to be more responsible to the love, to my family. i will work harder and harder and enforce myself to be busy so that i can forget her.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
Not now, but you will. Forget all the 'other fish in the sea' garbage. It's true but you're not a fish.

On a more serious note and not to be flippant or mean but a breakup with a GF is much better than say the death of one. And that is because in time both of you will come out ok. So even tho you feel crappy now, things will improve so long as you want them to.

I agree, dont rush out and get into another relationship. Take time off from women... meaning stick with your buds. And do NOT let them try and fix you up with someone. They have good intentions but it often does more harm than good.

But then again... if you actually are a fish you have much bigger things to worry about.
it's funny, thank you, i will go into a new life with myself. yes , i will take time forgeting her, but i will not be flippant and even not die for my lost lover. that's stupid. Grow up with the pain experience.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
I'm 47. I've been a Trek fan my entire life. Can you imagine how many times I've been dumped? (I'd rather not think about it.) But, there's always someone new out there. And you have the advantage of being able to use tools like online to "seek out strange new girlfriends, and new relationships.. to boldly go where no man has gone before!"
well, i am gonna to say that i am lucky. maybe, i will meet a new one who is more beautiful. Thank you, i touch the sunshine

Old 05-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
I'm 47. I've been a Trek fan my entire life. Can you imagine how many times I've been dumped? (I'd rather not think about it.) But, there's always someone new out there. And you have the advantage of being able to use tools like online to "seek out strange new girlfriends, and new relationships.. to boldly go where no man has gone before!"
well, i am gonna to say that i am lucky. maybe, i will meet a new one who is more beautiful. Thank you, i touch the sunshine

Old 05-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman1984 View Post
We have been together 2 years, and we will gratuate from the college, but we got a different job, her salary is higher than mine. and we have a different family backgroud, hers is richer than mine. and we have a different pesonality, she is active and i am a little dump. But we feel funny together, and communicate happily with each other. The fact that i can't give her something what she want, i just can give the damned love. what is love, there is no pure love, is this real? i gave her a message that we break up even though i can't throw the love away. But i must do this. Her parents objected because i just a poor students. i must accept this fact. i have no enough money to afford this heavy love.
Did you end your relationship with her because you thought you weren't good enough? Isn't that HER decision? If she is a materialistic person that demands you pamper her like a rich bi*ch, than you probably did the right thing. If she wasn't materialistic and it was YOU that thought she would want someone with more money, than YOU are the one with a complex, NOT her. It's hard to tell from this post of yours. You shouldn't let something like her making more money bother you, that's a bit shallow. Hell, I'd be crazy happy if my significant other made more money than I did, things would be wayyyy easier and we wouldn't have the debt we do.

So which one was it? Did she always demand a rich lifestyle at your expense, leaving you broke? Or are YOU assuming she was not happy because she made more than you and came from a rich family?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerhanner View Post
Better to break up sooner rather than later... fear not, the universe is only unfolding as it should, and soon things will be good again!
you are experieced, man. that's what my GF(ever) said to me when we break up!!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
Did you end your relationship with her because you thought you weren't good enough? Isn't that HER decision? If she is a materialistic person that demands you pamper her like a rich bi*ch, than you probably did the right thing. If she wasn't materialistic and it was YOU that thought she would want someone with more money, than YOU are the one with a complex, NOT her. It's hard to tell from this post of yours. You shouldn't let something like her making more money bother you, that's a bit shallow. Hell, I'd be crazy happy if my significant other made more money than I did, things would be wayyyy easier and we wouldn't have the debt we do.

So which one was it? Did she always demand a rich lifestyle at your expense, leaving you broke? Or are YOU assuming she was not happy because she made more than you and came from a rich family?
i am not a materialistic, but i become materialistic with her. She thought that man must make more money than the woman, otherwise the woman feel shamed. The society is this. i don't care who has a higher salary, but she care. I think i make a good decision. i appreciate that you got a right GF.