The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > c'mon
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default c'mon

this show was not THAT BAD
Old 05-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Fleet Admiral

I enjoyed Enterprise. I haven't seen every single episode, but the ones I have seen were really cool.

My favorite is the two part "Through a Mirror Darkly". Great story, great action, and T'pol in a TOS miniskirt uniform.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I'm watching season 2 right now, some are a little hard to watch but the first season surprised me.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Enterprise suffered from the same problem that TNG did - it got off to a really slow start...

Season 1 - Generally good, not exceptional.
Season 2 - Generally rather weak.
Season 3 - Generally fabulous.
Season 4 - Generally fabulous.

I find it very easy to forget about season 2 after seeing the last two seasons.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:04 AM
Ensign

I always liked this serie. It was a very realistic prequel of whatwould happen if we would really met aliens like the Vulcan. Loved to see how this whole space-era started. I think it was very "star trek".

The problem I had was the fact they already had super-technologie, and that the TOS era looks much more ancient (thanks to this new movie, that is fixed )

I liked all seasons, I did like the characters. I only whished there was a mystery character like all the other series had. Like the doctor, data etc. T'pol didn't really do it for me.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannydeK View Post
I always liked this serie. It was a very realistic prequel of whatwould happen if we would really met aliens like the Vulcan. Loved to see how this whole space-era started. I think it was very "star trek".

The problem I had was the fact they already had super-technologie, and that the TOS era looks much more ancient (thanks to this new movie, that is fixed )

I liked all seasons, I did like the characters. I only whished there was a mystery character like all the other series had. Like the doctor, data etc. T'pol didn't really do it for me.
The thing about Enterprise that got me was all the Vulcan's. I have a soft spot for Vulcan's.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I love Enterprise.
Seasons 3 and 4 were among the best television ever.
I really wish it hadn't been canceled so early.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Vice Admiral

I really liked ENT. I didn't think it was bad at all. I know there were a few stories that didn't fit into established "canon" very well, but that didn't bother me one bit. I liked the way Vulcans were portrayed. I liked the look and feel of the ship, it seemed very real. Overall I really liked the show. Most of the complaints I have seen are overly critical that could be easily applied to over half of the other episodes in ALL of the Trek series.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
I enjoyed Enterprise. I haven't seen every single episode, but the ones I have seen were really cool.

My favorite is the two part "Through a Mirror Darkly". Great story, great action, and T'pol in a TOS miniskirt uniform.
Not to mention the belly-free "uniform" reminiscent of Mirror-Uhura's outfit.
I am more the Hoshi 'from cutie to femme fatale' type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
I really liked ENT. I didn't think it was bad at all. I know there were a few stories that didn't fit into established "canon" very well, but that didn't bother me one bit. I liked the way Vulcans were portrayed. I liked the look and feel of the ship, it seemed very real. Overall I really liked the show. Most of the complaints I have seen are overly critical that could be easily applied to over half of the other episodes in ALL of the Trek series.
Petty continuty errors, which were no more prominent in ENT than in other Trek series, apart, a valid view (which I don't share) is that ENT suffered from too many mediocre episodes in the first two seasons ... but the same can be said about the first two seasons of TNG (a view which I share neither).

Last edited by horatio : 05-05-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
Petty continuty errors, which were no more prominent in ENT than in other Trek series, apart, a valid view (which I don't share) is that ENT suffered from too many mediocre episodes in the first two seasons ... but the same can be said about the first two seasons of TNG (a view which I share neither).
Agreed 100%