The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Howard Stern Question concerning Abrams on his show.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE View Post
Excuse me if I don't feel sorry for you. You got to be there when Nimoy came out to greet the fans. You got to see a new Trek film. I am really ticked now...you should have gotten up and walked out and given your seat to some one that would have given their right arm to be there. Instead all you can do is gripe and throw it in the faces of other fans that you wasted an opportunity that another fan would have cherished. I truly think you like being that sadistic. You are not a fan at all.
Yeal I tried to walk out but my friends who made it possiable for me to be there said I would embarrass them. So I stayed. Of course I also had to consider that I rode with them there as well and needed to be diplomatic about it.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Commander

How noble.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtWalking View Post
How noble.
Indeed...I am getting all misty eyed thinking about it.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Magnum is whatever the next evolutionary lineage of a troll. Am I joking or aren't I? WHO KNOWS? Did Magnum actually go to that thing in Texas? WHO KNOWS? Farewell.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Ensign

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
I don't understand this hatred of the movie when you haven't even seen it yet! Hey, it's STAR TREK! back on top!
You can't just slap a label on a movie and call it Star Trek. That's sloppy branding. Look at what happened to the "re-boot" of Knight Rider and Kojak (ouch!).

Quote:
I was concerned at first, but another died in the wool Trekkie, who is a very good friend told me Star Trek is about timelines and alt universes!
Your "good friend" doesn't sound like a "died in the wool trekkie" to me. I have a hard time believing you. I can count the number of TOS episodes and movies that included timelines and alternate universes on one hand. And the reason for those alternate storylines was to show CONTRAST - a very powerful script device. Just ask Quentin Tarantino.

Quote:
I don't get the HATE.
I don't see the "HATE" from the fans - I see indifference. I see a bad marketing mistake from Paramount. I see the Star Trek brand mishandled. I see the optimism, which made the original series so... original - I see that gone in this new movie.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sisko View Post
Magnum is whatever the next evolutionary lineage of a troll. Am I joking or aren't I? WHO KNOWS? Did Magnum actually go to that thing in Texas? WHO KNOWS? Farewell.
That may be true enough...I think we al should take it upon ourselves to just ignore the guy and not buy into anymore of his BS.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Ensign

Quote:
...Nimoy loved the movie...
Step out of your alternate timeline, Beetlescott. Nimoy is contractually obligated to "love the movie".

In Hollywood, speaking out against a movie you are in is against contract. You lose all your residuals that way.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integritas View Post
You can't just slap a label on a movie and call it Star Trek. That's sloppy branding. Look at what happened to the "re-boot" of Knight Rider and Kojak (ouch!).

Your "good friend" doesn't sound like a "died in the wool trekkie" to me. I have a hard time believing you. I can count the number of TOS episodes and movies that included timelines and alternate universes on one hand. And the reason for those alternate storylines was to show CONTRAST - a very powerful script device. Just ask Quentin Tarantino.

I don't see the "HATE" from the fans - I see indifference. I see a bad marketing mistake from Paramount. I see the Star Trek brand mishandled. I see the optimism, which made the original series so... original - I see that gone in this new movie.
You sound like someone who hasn't seen the movie, based on the very last sentence.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBuckFilms View Post
You sound like someone who hasn't seen the movie, based on the very last sentence.
You sound like someone who doesn't understand Star Trek, based on all of your posts.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integritas View Post
Step out of your alternate timeline, Beetlescott. Nimoy is contractually obligated to "love the movie".

In Hollywood, speaking out against a movie you are in is against contract. You lose all your residuals that way.
Do you realize Nimoy would have had nothing to do with the movie if he didn't like the story etc. etc. etc. etc.