The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Fans Speak Out En Masse Against Star Trek XI
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Dominus of Megadeus's Avatar
Dominus of Megadeus Dominus of Megadeus is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,099
Default

ROFL!!!!
Great stuff!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-04-2009, 06:58 PM
cjopbj cjopbj is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 581
Default

That's hilarious!

Thanks! I love The Onion. They got me through the W. years.
__________________
Happiness, at least, Sir.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-04-2009, 08:02 PM
MonsieurHood's Avatar
MonsieurHood MonsieurHood is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,352
Default

This just proves that their are still people for whom Trek will never be acceptable no matter how much anyone changes it. In fact, I've met several of those people over the past few days. You know, the kind who get a sour face whenever Star Trek is mentioned and say things like "I don't do Star Trek."?
__________________
"One of the many, the proud, the friends of Zardoz".
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Craaaaazy Weekend's Avatar
Craaaaazy Weekend Craaaaazy Weekend is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurHood View Post
This just proves that their are still people for whom Trek will never be acceptable no matter how much anyone changes it. In fact, I've met several of those people over the past few days. You know, the kind who get a sour face whenever Star Trek is mentioned and say things like "I don't do Star Trek."?
No, this satirical video doesn't really prove any of that at all.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-04-2009, 08:28 PM
MissionTrek08's Avatar
MissionTrek08 MissionTrek08 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,562
Default

It does prove that some fans will take offense at good-natured humor about their franchise while ignoring the humor behind it just to defend being offended.
__________________

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK


Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Elizadolots's Avatar
Elizadolots Elizadolots is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,466
Default

That's so funny.....there's so much to love. "If I wanted to see good looking young people doing exciting stuff I'd watch sports"...the sub text at one point said "fans complain that the movie is accessible even to people who don't know about Pon Farr"(or, something like that)...and, the penultimate "Paramount promises that in a few years this movie will look as hackneyed and cornball as all the other movies" (or something like that).

I'd kind of like a director's cut that was 3 hours longer though....
__________________


Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Yagami Crewman's Avatar
Yagami Crewman Yagami Crewman is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Goose Creek, South Carolina
Posts: 1,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
It does prove that some fans will take offense at good-natured humor about their franchise while ignoring the humor behind it just to defend being offended.
Maybe.
__________________
Ever notice that many of the same people who want variety in life frown very hard on vanilla... But without Vanilla, Baskin Robbins just wouldn't BE 31 flavors.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Captain Sisko's Avatar
Captain Sisko Captain Sisko is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 156
Default

I do not like this Onion...I eat onions.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-04-2009, 09:20 PM
martok2112's Avatar
martok2112 martok2112 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River Ridge, LA
Posts: 6,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizadolots View Post
That's so funny.....there's so much to love. "If I wanted to see good looking young people doing exciting stuff I'd watch sports"...the sub text at one point said "fans complain that the movie is accessible even to people who don't know about Pon Farr"(or, something like that)...and, the penultimate "Paramount promises that in a few years this movie will look as hackneyed and cornball as all the other movies" (or something like that).

I'd kind of like a director's cut that was 3 hours longer though....
Indeed...I liked what the first fan said about: "Where was the heavy handed social commentary?" LMAO!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Big D's Avatar
Big D Big D is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,112
Default

xD The title alone made me laugh - fans bashing the film as 'fun' and 'watchable' is just genuinely believable these days. That was an awesome bit of satire, a neat way to poke fun at the stereotypes while also adding to the appeal of the new film.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:08 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.