The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Fans Speak Out En Masse Against Star Trek XI
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 10-05-2009, 10:44 AM
horatio's Avatar
horatio horatio is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,282
Default

I don't think I have to comment anymore about our liar and nazi crying super-leader who cannot stand when people don't obey his "thou shall not question my authoritaahh" rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integritas View Post
One of the most exciting examples I've learned from his character is something that became very useful to me in real life - as a manager, you can allow people to disagree with your decisions, but NEVER allow them to challenge your authority to make those decisions (and in the USA, employee insubordination is an immediately fireable offense)
By the way, I recommend sex, sport or manual labour to deal with frustruation.

Last edited by horatio : 10-05-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 10-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Integritas's Avatar
Integritas Integritas is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 56
Default

@Zardoz, I understand and will soften my words, and make my points more... diplomatically.

However, rudeness DOES seem to be somewhat rampant on this board.

(On a non-related note - why does my firewall alert me with port scans whenever I visit this board? I'm getting scanned on TCP ports 1880, 1891, 1888-1890)
__________________
"Some people will believe anything they read on the internet"
- Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 10-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
I don't think I have to comment anymore about our liar and nazi crying super-leader who is obviously far away from his rolde model.
Sadly, I am begining to think you have a point here.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 10-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Integritas's Avatar
Integritas Integritas is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
I don't think I have to comment anymore about our liar and nazi crying super-leader who is obviously far away from his rolde model.
Well, so much for my offer of politeness... I see it doesn't apply to Horatio, does it?

Horatio, just because I've pointed out that you've, uh, "made things up", and you offer nothing of substance to back up your claims, is no reason for you to start whining.
__________________
"Some people will believe anything they read on the internet"
- Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 10-05-2009, 10:50 AM
shpock's Avatar
shpock shpock is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 185
Default

i like STAR TREK
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 10-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integritas View Post
@Zardoz, I understand and will soften my words, and make my points more... diplomatically.

However, rudeness DOES seem to be somewhat rampant on this board.

(On a non-related note - why does my firewall alert me with port scans whenever I visit this board? I'm getting scanned on TCP ports 1880, 1891, 1888-1890)
Diplomacy will make you more freinds here. If you feel something is rude, I suggest you avoid the topic.

I grant there are strong opions, but name calling is unheard of.

I am the first person to defend a postion, but NEVER at the cost of name calling and rudeness.

On the firewall, check your settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integritas View Post
Well, so much for my offer of politeness... I see it doesn't apply to Horatio, does it?

Horatio, just because I've pointed out that you've, uh, "made things up", and you offer nothing of substance to back up your claims, is no reason for you to start whining.
Ok....somewhat better...you could have phrased it like this:

"I disagree, because I haven't see you offer any facts, or links to back up your assertion."
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 10-05-2009, 10:54 AM
horatio's Avatar
horatio horatio is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integritas View Post
Well, so much for my offer of politeness... I see it doesn't apply to Horatio, does it?

Horatio, just because I've pointed out that you've, uh, "made things up", and you offer nothing of substance to back up your claims, is no reason for you to start whining.
I see no reason to be polite to someone who behaves like a jerk.

About making things up, you seem to be pissed that a) I pointed out that someone has written a management book about Picard, not Kirk and b) in another thread that ST09 was, contrary to your claim, a success.

Concerning the "discussion with the senior staff" point, it occured more often in TNG than in TOS. Kirk usually consulted his two friends whereas Picard usually consulted his senior staff.

Concerning "textbook", I did not say "textbook" but "textbook, exemplary thing" which referrs to your passage I
quoted above.


Enjoy the board, I am out, and feel free to show us your great leadership skills by calling people liars and nazis instead of discussing normally.

Last edited by horatio : 10-05-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 10-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Captain Tom Coughlin's Avatar
Captain Tom Coughlin Captain Tom Coughlin is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USS Meadowlands
Posts: 10,989
Default

This board has always struck me as a generally friendly place. There are much harsher places out there.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 10-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
This board has always struck me as a generally friendly place. There are much harsher places out there.
Indeed.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 10-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Captain Tom Coughlin's Avatar
Captain Tom Coughlin Captain Tom Coughlin is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USS Meadowlands
Posts: 10,989
Default

I don't think I've had a problem with anyone here. Some disagreements sure, but it's not hard to get along here.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.