The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Fans Speak Out En Masse Against Star Trek XI
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 02:36 AM
Captain

At first I thought it was CNN, and I was worried, mad and explosive! I have never heard of ONN, then when I realized it was a parody, I lauged out loud!!!! FUNNY STUFF!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 05:49 AM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCat View Post
oh, and I just noticed that I made Lieutenant... it must be at 300 or 325 or so posts, that you get that one....
Congrats! I just got Captain. I don't remember what Lt. Commander is, but Commander is 1000 and Captain is 1500

You could always ask Mr. Federation Councillor (25,000 posts!) aka The Big God Head aka Zardoz! If anyone is familiar with all of the rankings, it's him!

LOL

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Lieutenant

Funny stuff!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Rear Admiral

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtsRuS View Post
By all accounts so far from people who have seen the movie(except one person who will remain nameless), it seems it IS both.
Oooo..Ooooo.(waves hand) ...Ooo..Oooo...I know who that is ...the name rhymes with "Ain't" as in He ain't on board with this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage75 View Post
Congrats! I just got Captain. I don't remember what Lt. Commander is, but Commander is 1000 and Captain is 1500

You could always ask Mr. Federation Councillor (25,000 posts!) aka The Big God Head aka Zardoz! If anyone is familiar with all of the rankings, it's him!

LOL
Congrats Damage, and to all that have been recently PromotedHoly Cr*p! when did I become an Admiral?

Last edited by CAPTAIN MOUSE : 05-06-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Vice Admiral

Why do people get all huffy when others tease them? Insecurity. Since many of us are secure in our Trekkiness, we take no offense. The others, well, here you go:
Old 05-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurHood View Post
This just proves that their are still people for whom Trek will never be acceptable no matter how much anyone changes it. In fact, I've met several of those people over the past few days. You know, the kind who get a sour face whenever Star Trek is mentioned and say things like "I don't do Star Trek."?
ehh, i ran into a few...but after explaining a few things, they were pumped to see it.

my lug nuts require more torque than your honda puts out
Old 05-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Ensign

Haha, the best! I can't believe some of you suckers thought this was real. I love it, not because it's satire but because it's how so many people feel.

Everything after the TOS is garbage except for a few movies. It's like a model UN soap opera based in space, with a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo and crappy aliens. No adventure, No suspense, No romance, No vast expanse, No chemistry and No imagination.

Props to JJ for bringing the original back, it took balls but this movie will do better than any other star trek in it's first week. Instead of having some crappy TNG movie where we get to hear about venting plasma, tachyon pulses and Data's neural net, all while being politically correct within federation guidlines. haha.

Clearly this is for TOS fans like me and my dad, when we used to watch it every saturday morning together when i was a boy. Maybe he'll actually see this one with me? Instead of it being Picards face on the TV and it's like, " crap, quick, find the channel changer!"

Good thing they didn't make a DS9 movie. Hey, lets sit around a space station and see who's coming out of the wormhole this week. Or maybe find that alien with the ear on his forhead, he looks exactly like a human but that ear on his forhead sets him apart.....

Seriously, JJ even threw you trekkies, trekkers, Fanboys, whatever a bone by putting in a Romulan villian from the future with a borg nanotech ship. Along with the original spock and all I see on this board is complaints. Well quite a few, and what you don't realize is, he didn't have to. You weren't needed to keep star trek afloat. Someone would have done this at some point in time without TNG, DS9 Voyager and Enterprise. TOS is too good not to. haha, and JJ just threw all that out the window. Another thing i don't understand is why you need everything explained to you in detail. Really, use your imaginations.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Captain

I can't tell if I agree with lizard or not...LOL!

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Ensign

Can you speak for an entire generation that grew up watching TOS on tv with their dad's every saturday morning? That's what JJ is doing, everyone on the film from music to director to producers to the writers to the main cast are all generation x and we want our freaking trek back!

This time around i'll be watching this with my son, i'm sure he'll have the same feeling of wonder and excitement i had when i was a boy.

Last edited by the_lizard : 05-06-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage75 View Post
I can't tell if I agree with lizard or not...LOL!
Me neither.

He makes good points about how JJ didn't HAVE to do as much as he did to please original fans, but he chose to do it anyway.

Completely disagree with him on the "TOS is the only good Star Trek" thing though.

Of course it could all just be a VERY clever parody.