The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > I think Im done with Heroes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
He would be a fool to leave a popular TV show. Actors can easily take on movie roles during hiatus of their TV shows.
It sometimes works to quit a hit show for movies (i.e George Clooney), but for every success there's a David Caruso as well. Ended up having to go back to TV.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 05-04-2009, 06:46 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
It sometimes works to quit a hit show for movies (i.e George Clooney), but for every success there's a David Caruso as well. Ended up having to go back to TV.
Let's not forget Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar), she left TNG to be a "serious actress", see how far that got her before she ended back on TNG (in an altered form.

Or the one season Gates McFaddon left TNG (Season 2).

Clooney was an exception in alot of ways. He was a good looking "leading guy" who could act in all sorts of diffrent medium (TV, movies, plays) as well as produce and direct.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Let's not forget Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar), she left TNG to be a "serious actress", see how far that got her before she ended back on TNG (in an altered form).
Another one which didn't work out. She actually made around 4/5 films right after leaving TNG, but none of them ended up hits so didn't boost her. Probably only 'Pet Sematery' is the only one people would remember her being in now.

Quote:
Or the one season Gates McFaddon left TNG (Season 2).
Ah, but her exit was under different circumstances. She was released by the studio, she didn't leave due to offers.

Quote:
Clooney was an exception in alot of ways. He was a good looking "leading guy" who could act in all sorts of diffrent medium (TV, movies, plays) as well as produce and direct.
True enough. Though he didn't really move into those areas until after he had a couple hits, I think.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 05-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Another one which didn't work out. She actually made around 4/5 films right after leaving TNG, but none of them ended up hits so didn't boost her. Probably only 'Pet Sematery' is the only one people would remember her being in now.

Ah, but her exit was under different circumstances. She was released by the studio, she didn't leave due to offers.

True enough. Though he didn't really move into those areas until after he had a couple hits, I think.
I think we agree! Well with Clooney, he needed that star power to get him what he wanted.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Fleet Admiral

Let us not forget that Clooney had a big setback in 1997 with Batman & Robin (along with everyone else in the film except Arnold). He really rose to superstardom with O Brother in 2000.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Fleet Admiral

That was awful...on several levels
(the nipples on the bat suits)

Old 05-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Commander

I stopped watching after ep 2 of this "volume" last February. When speedster chick got killed off near the airplane crash, I said that's it, there's no rhyme or reason to anything that happens anymore (and certainly no suspense).

Did the show ever get better after that point, or has it gotten even worse?
Old 05-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I still enjoy Heroes. It's certainly the best thing on Monday nights and I really like most of the characters. Most of the storylines progress in a reasonable manner although the writers do seem to be influenced by the popularity of an actor (or lack there of).

The speedster chick (Daphanie) died to motivate Matt into the person he will become in "Five Years Gone" - kind of a CIA tough guy. I think the season ended in a very clever way. The last episode of the season set up Sylar becoming president quite nicely... even if no one but Noah, Angela and Matt know he's Sylar. Eventually, he'll awaken and take control again and then he'll be in the catbird seat.

I agree that Quinto is more like Clooney than some of these other actors that leave TV never to be heard from again. Quinto seems to be a very high energy person. The only reason for him to leave Heroes is if he were overwhelmed by the work but that doesn't seem to be happening at all. He appears to thrive on all the activity and adventure.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Commander

But the thing is: Heroes is not as big of a hit as it once was.

Here's my opinion: NBC did right by bringing back the characters for a second/third seasion. The characters had not quite run their course. But now, they have. I think all those storylines should have been wrapped up, but they weren't. That was a poor decision. It is time for new Heroes, like NBC originally planned. It needs a reboot (much like Star Trek) lol
Old 05-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Fleet Admiral

iam completely unintrested in Matt Parkman, Natan and Peter Petrelli are just the stupidest charcters ever...

I like Clair but hone get a grip
Her had is really intresting but sofar we've come full circle with all the characters and nothing has happend....