The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Guess what folks? Pine never signed on for the sequel!!!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Fleet Admiral

I wonder if you're not taking his comment too literally per TrekWeb's excerpt? If you'll notice, the actual full interview (HitFix talked with Pine, TrekWeb just quoted their article in part) says:

"...Pine thinks it's presumptuous to take about another installment in the "Trek" franchise already (seemingly ignoring the fact a sequel is already in development and he's signed for two more pictures)."

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Commander

Remember, this is Hollywood and the Screen Actors Guild we're talking about. Also, actors and actresses rarely make decisions like this without consulting their agents and agents have a reputation for slickness and hoodwinking ability akin to that of used car salesmen and trial lawyers.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Commander

The interviews that I've watched, both he and Zach clearly stated that they signed for two more for a total of three but that of course there's no guarantee that there will be two more unless this does well.

Or maybe I just have really poor hearing but I don't think so.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:14 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
I wonder if you're not taking his comment too literally per TrekWeb's excerpt? If you'll notice, the actual full interview (HitFix talked with Pine, TrekWeb just quoted their article in part) says:

"...Pine thinks it's presumptuous to take about another installment in the "Trek" franchise already (seemingly ignoring the fact a sequel is already in development and he's signed for two more pictures)."
You beat me! I was just about to write the same thing!

courtesy of Saquist
Old 04-27-2009, 05:05 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I agree with MissionTrek08 that I think you are taking Chris Pine's words too literally. I believe he meant he would "sign up" in the sense he would like to do it and be ready to do it.

Trust me the studios do not cast relative unknowns to star in franchise movies without locking them up for multiple pics!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:22 AM
Commander

Plus, there's this from an interview of Pine and Quinto by CineFools.com (emphasis added):

http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/04/...Morenbsp.shtml

Quote:
BG-This really does scream Franchise. I wanted to see more the second I left the cinema. Are you guys signed on to a number of Star treks? Are we going to see 3 or 4?

ZQ-Well the hope is for. Well for Chris and I and everybody else that here on this trip. We are here because this is the first one and it hasn't even come out yet except for a few thousand people last night in here and Austin where they had a surprise screening which I thought was really fun and cool and very JJ. But they hope is we will. We all signed on for the option and if Paramount want to do more we all want to be involved in the next 2 if there are more. We'll see but we are pacing ourselves. At the end of the night last night we all went out for dinner after the premiere and I was like "okay that was awesome like let's go home!!" just because it was such a full day. It was like a whole day of press and this whole event, The opera house and the lights and the people and it felt like how could this sustainable for a month and a half But we are just getting started. I think that's really key. I think we really want to engage people about this movie and use the sense of excitement about this one before we get too far ahead of ourselves.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:36 AM
Fleet Admiral

It may have been a slip of the freudian kind.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:01 AM
Captain

Lol!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
It may have been a slip of the freudian kind.
True, he's really trying not to give away the massive spoiler that Shatner actually plays Pine in this film, and that Chris's head has been CG'd over Bill's in all the trailers and interviews and premiere carpet walks and...

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
True, he's really trying not to give away the massive spoiler that Shatner actually plays Pine in this film, and that Chris's head has been CG'd over Bill's in all the trailers and interviews and premiere carpet walks and...
Boy, Shatner sure did lose some weight! Or was that all a camera trick?