The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > So What Are Your Ideas For A New Trek?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Not a series...I want to see a movie...
the stories I here about the war would make great movies..
True, a series of movies based around that would be epic.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Fleet Admiral

YEAH Like three movies for each year of the War! That would be awesome!

The first could deal with the Destruction of Starbase One and the Starship Ajax encounter with the on coming Romulan asault force and his epic escape but damaging his ship and suffering death in the cold of space..

The Second could deal with an attack on the other plaents like vulcan, andor and alpha centauri and the alliance to fight back.

Then the Third movie about taking the fight to the Romulans and the famous encounter at the Romulan border as the two forces colided in the final waves. The Treaty and the establishing of the Neutral Zone over subspace radio and the solidifying of the Alliance.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
YEAH Like three movies for each year of the War! That would be awesome!

The first could deal with the Destruction of Starbase One and the Starship Ajax encounter with the on coming Romulan asault force and his epic escape but damaging his ship and suffering death in the cold of space..

The Second could deal with an attack on the other plaents like vulcan, andor and alpha centauri and the alliance to fight back.

Then the Third movie about taking the fight to the Romulans and the famous encounter at the Romulan border as the two forces colided in the final waves. The Treaty and the establishing of the Neutral Zone over subspace radio and the solidifying of the Alliance.
Sounds good to me. I mean, war isn't necessarily the utopian future Mr Roddenberry imagined...but in the end, it's this war which really solidified that future. I'm still surprised something like that hasn't been done already.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Fleet Admiral

You're right. I've always said Gene stayed away from War.
He didn't go into the romulan War...He stopped the Klingon War from happening, skipped the Cardassian war, skipped the Tzenkethi war...

But...I want to see the war that put the romulans away for over a hundred years....

Even better i would finally like to see the Tomed Incident...that lead to the ban of cloak on the Federation...NOW THAT has to be a very intresting movie....

Old 02-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Interesting, yes. And as I said, it does result in the wonderfully ideal future TOS takes place in. Seeing how that actually came about is really something worth exploring.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Fleet Admiral

I prefer actually that series stay away from the War angle. DS9 didn't do it well. It felt very untrek to be engaging in war. Nog losing the leg...Jadzia dying, Thousands of Starships and millions of lives lost....You see I loved the suspense of the threat of the war...but once we actually got into I thought..."this sucks"

Old 02-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
I prefer actually that series stay away from the War angle. DS9 didn't do it well. It felt very untrek to be engaging in war. Nog losing the leg...Jadzia dying, Thousands of Starships and millions of lives lost....You see I loved the suspense of the threat of the war...but once we actually got into I thought..."this sucks"
I think there were some redeeming factors about it. I liked how the Federation, Klingons and Romulans all ended up on the same side. It kind of felt like the next step forward, the alpha quadrant really uniting for once. It's just a shame it's always war that causes that kind of thing.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Fleet Admiral

That was Great...It gave me hope that those two could work to gether and all be at odds with one another...They were once allied even without the Federation.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Ensign

I would like to see the Genesis Wave books made into movies...

Though the problem I have found with books being made into movies is that they can leave out quite a lot of the good stuff, and I don't know if the movies would ever do the books justice?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebredy View Post
I would like to see the Genesis Wave books made into movies...

Though the problem I have found with books being made into movies is that they can leave out quite a lot of the good stuff, and I don't know if the movies would ever do the books justice?
The problem is that novels and motion pictures are very different things. Novels can have people sitting around talking and be interesting, but if they did it in a movie the scene can drag on. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Movies are motion pictures though, the whole point is to have a lot of motion, even if it's just something simple.

Novels also let you get closer to the character by letting you see how they think, or why they think something.