The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > So What Are Your Ideas For A New Trek?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default So What Are Your Ideas For A New Trek?

Though I am very happy about the current movie, I have read many posts about wanting the new movie to have been set as far distant as the 27th century.
What are some ideas for how things would work?

Headsets at the stations that use brainwaves for instant controls and no more buttons? (Very Borg like?)

Transporters from your quarters directly to your work stations, or the cafeteria? Or do people even eat solid food that far ahead? (Try the Twinkie pills...)

There are great minds on this board, let me know your ideas.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Midshipman

Post New star trek show idea

Even though Enterprise was a good show, it just didn't have the Star Trek vibe. What I have imagine and it was discussed in a startrek.com forum is a show 40 or 50 years into the future and with a crew familiar to the fans even if they have to recast. It should have Star Trek characters like Weasly Crusher, Jake Bisko, Worf's son, Tom or Belana's daughter. They could also use characters like Icheb, Naomi Wildman among others. What we need is another show that follows TNG, DS9 and VOY's styles with more "futiristic" equipments. What do you think?
Old 02-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Ensign

They should use transporter buffers like they do in the game Elite Force to store away team equipment! Store spare phasers, comm badges etc in them.

Why Away teams only carry one comm badge, phaser per member i'll never know! Most solider will have a pistol/knife somewhere as a backup.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

A look into the future would be interesting. It would be easy to 'jump the shark' in doing so, though.

I guess it'd be interesting if they started using quantum slipstream drives in the future, which is basically the next evolution of the standard warp drive, if you ask me. It would allow them to explore a lot more of the galaxy than they currently have (which isn't much, surprisingly).
Old 02-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Midshipman

quantum slipstream drives(even if it is not sustainable for long periods) would give the story the ability to explore farther from the federation without getting that voyager far far from home feeling.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax View Post
quantum slipstream drives(even if it is not sustainable for long periods) would give the story the ability to explore farther from the federation without getting that voyager far far from home feeling.
It's a good point, maybe the fact that thay were so far away and disconnected is why I never connected with that series.
Even though the Federation existed, they could never really interact with it.
They made attempts at it later in the series, but there were no starbases or outposts to visit to give it that "home" feeling.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer00jay View Post
It's a good point, maybe the fact that thay were so far away and disconnected is why I never connected with that series.
Even though the Federation existed, they could never really interact with it.
They made attempts at it later in the series, but there were no starbases or outposts to visit to give it that "home" feeling.
I think they felt that they already had DS9 and the movies doing the whole Starfleet thing at the time, Voyager was an attempt at something different. They even thought about bringing them home and having them do normal starfleet things, but they said it'd just be more of the same stuff. I guess it would have been interesting though.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Yea, they were trying something different/new, and I can appreciate that, but I think most of the problems with the spin offs was a lack of good stories.

Really, if they had done like the fan film Exeter and took another ship from TOS and had some of the original writers create stories, it may have worked pretty well.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Fleet Admiral

My Idea is to destroy the Federation. Force Star Trek to start all over again.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Lieutenant

Well Enterprise opened up the idea of the Enterprise-J...Might be interesting to see the Federation in 26th, 27th century.