The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Have a TREK Special Around Christmas
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2008, 06:26 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Default Have a TREK Special Around Christmas

They should have a big Star Trek Special on Christmas on TV, Celebrating the movie, having interviews with cast and crew and show some behind the scenes stuff. Maybe reveal small details etc. Reminisce on the previous incarnations etc.

Could be a nice holdover gesture....since the movie is pushed ahead.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:28 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Yes, a few choice spoilers to build the hype would be the thing to do.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Ensign

What I'd really like to see is somekind of cross-promotion happening on TV... like when STVI opened back in '91. My first instinct would've been a Zachary Quinto appearance on Enterprise, but obviously events back in 2005 made that impossible.

In the weeks running up to May 2009, a station like CBS should do a mini-repeat season. Like a fan collective but shown on a major network, one or two "Best of" episodes from across all 5 series. With better knowledge of the plot to Star Trek (2008), the makers of the film could choose stories with a connection. For instance, Leonard Nimoy in TNG "Unification" is a must have addition to anything shown. Each one could be preceeded by a trailer for the film, plus any B-roll material, press pack interviews promoting the new movie.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherPike View Post
What I'd really like to see is somekind of cross-promotion happening on TV... like when STVI opened back in '91. My first instinct would've been a Zachary Quinto appearance on Enterprise, but obviously events back in 2005 made that impossible.

In the weeks running up to May 2009, a station like CBS should do a mini-repeat season. Like a fan collective but shown on a major network, one or two "Best of" episodes from across all 5 series. With better knowledge of the plot to Star Trek (2008), the makers of the film could choose stories with a connection. For instance, Leonard Nimoy in TNG "Unification" is a must have addition to anything shown. Each one could be preceeded by a trailer for the film, plus any B-roll material, press pack interviews promoting the new movie.
Thats the idea keep it comin... This is a very good idea and could be ground breaking if it were interactive. My cable company has many channels now where you can use your remote to answer questions or participate in surveys in real time etc.

G4 had some cool stuff with Trek 2.0 when they ran that. Tickers with trivia and behind the scenes stories, real time message boards scrolling the page. It was kinda neat.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Rear Admiral

I mini movie that takes place before the new movie would be cool to.

Say a 30 minute film that leads up to what will happen?
Old 02-14-2008, 07:50 AM
Lieutenant

what they really need to do is get a new Trek show rolling again... that would really help ease the wait.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Rear Admiral

They could do a CGI show like Lucas is doing with Star Wars.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Midshipman

Thinking back to previous Trek movie releases, I can remember EntertainmentTonight doing a lot of coverage, however that's closer to the release date. I do think since Dec. 2008 was the original target date, something should really come out. I kind of like the idea of taking a look back at the original Trek, maybe include something like the new actors with the old actors talking about each character, maybe use some old video with Doohan and De Kelley; something along these lines of tying the old Trek into the new before it stands on its own.