The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Which actor will demand a higher salary for the sequel?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
None of them are huge stars - they probably got most of them comparably cheap. I'd bet no-one except maybe Nimoy and Bana (and probably not even him) got more than a few hundred thousand.
Heck, I'll take a few hundred thousand...
Old 04-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pike View Post
Which crewmember do you think it would possibly be? Pine, Quinto...etc?
I don't know, but I'd say the highest will be Urban and Saldana
Old 04-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Yes it can sometimes be a funny business who gets paid what. I read that on the first Iron Man, it was actually Terrence Howard who was the highest paid cast member, not Downey Jnr or Paltrow or Bridges.
Weird, I've never heard that, and find it highly unlikely. If you can find a source, I'd enjoy reading more. If Terrence Howard got more money than Downey did for IRON MAN, I want to hire his agent!

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Lieutenant

I bet Nimoy's was in the multi millions. He didn't want to be in TMP and was the only holdout (thats why they had Xon) but was lured by money (millions) to cast in it. I remember some TNG cast members that held out for money during the films.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Lieutenant Commander

[quote=kevin;179727]Yes it can sometimes be a funny business who gets paid what. I read that on the first Iron Man, it was actually Terrence Howard who was the highest paid cast member, not Downey Jnr or Paltrow or Bridges.

quote]

Really? No wonder he was mad at being dropped.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyanEva View Post
Heck, I'll take a few hundred thousand...
That sounds like a lot but it has to stretch from project to project and cover all the other costs that an employer would normally cover like health insurance, etc. Plus, living in California is very expensive.

If I were them I'd as for a percentage of the gross.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Commander

Saldana. If ever there was a girl with "Future Diva" written on her forehead it's Zoe. I can just see her now in a solid gold trailer with hot and cold running chocolate, asking her personal butler to peel her a grape.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:30 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
Weird, I've never heard that, and find it highly unlikely. If you can find a source, I'd enjoy reading more. If Terrence Howard got more money than Downey did for IRON MAN, I want to hire his agent!
At the time Downey was not an A-list star so he didnt rate a huge salary. Of course this movie helped his career along quite well (among a couple other movies). Howards contention (read it on CNN I think) was that Downey was the only one who was basically given a raise of sorts due to the success of the movie in the next contract. My specifics might be off but thats the gist of it. Howard and the studios never came to an agreement so they hired Don Chedle (sp?) for the part.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:31 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
I believe I read it in a UK paper edition of either Total Film or Empire magazine a few months back. It was around the time Don Cheadle was announced as his replacement. I believe salary negotiations were the sticking point of Howard.

I can only surmise that as he was higher paid to start with, his increase for the sequel wouldn't have been a substantial as Downey Jnr's (I don't even know what Paltrow was on anyway).

I think it's possible - Howard had been a recent Oscar nominee (that always raises your price for a while afterwards even if you don't win) and Downey Jnr hadn't had a huge financial hit in years (though the likes of Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang had put him on the comeback trail). Putting him up as the headliner of Iron Man was a relative gamble and he probably wasn't in a position to negotiate a huge salary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
At the time Downey was not an A-list star so he didnt rate a huge salary. Of course this movie helped his career along quite well (among a couple other movies). Howards contention (read it on CNN I think) was that Downey was the only one who was basically given a raise of sorts due to the success of the movie in the next contract. My specifics might be off but thats the gist of it. Howard and the studios never came to an agreement so they hired Don Chedle (sp?) for the part.
As far as I know, it came down to Howard not being happy at the salary offered to him.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 04-25-2009, 03:21 AM
Ensign

Just for a comparision with unkowns starring in main roles of big movies, Brandon Routh reportly got $1 million for Superman Returns. So it's possible Pine and Quinto are getting the same kind of deal.