The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > this is what i think is gunna happen with the future star trek movies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Vice Admiral

It's only fitting that the new Star Trek universe be called "Abramsverse" considering that it is no longer the universe that we have become accustomed to for the last 43 years. It needs a distinction of its own. Why not just call the whole thing "Abrams Trek"? That way the new fans can tell the difference.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfeiffer001 View Post
i think that its going to be like a trilogy. but i also feel that posible trailogy will be like yesterdays enterprise if anyone has seen that episode from tng. i think if there is a third one they will know that the timeline that is going is not the way that it is suposed to happen and they will have to find some way of getting back to the normal timeline. what does everyone else think?
I would so love to see that happen. But, alas, it won't. We are stuck in the Abramsverse for the remainder of the life of Star Trek. Abrams Trek is the future of Trek as we know it. There will never be another Trek based in the original universe. The only way that would happen is if they decided to do another TNG movie or go even further in the future with a brand new ship and crew, say in the 25th century. And it could deal with the repurcussions of the destruction of Romulus and disappearance of Spock and Nero. Since in the "real" Trekverse, after Nero/Spock disappear, they are simply no longer in that universe and nobody from the "real" universe will have any idea what's going on in the Abramsverse because it's an alternate universe. Wow. Now my head hurts. I hate time travel.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurHood View Post
Abramsprise, Abramsverse? Isn't he happy enough that the army named a Tank after him? Sheesh!
What if This guy J.J. actually delivers a story that is guaranteed to blow our socks off in the sequels? You never know...It happened between TMP and TWOK. I am more than understandably curious as to what the three films produce?
Old 04-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfeiffer001 View Post
i think that its going to be like a trilogy. but i also feel that posible trailogy will be like yesterdays enterprise if anyone has seen that episode from tng. i think if there is a third one they will know that the timeline that is going is not the way that it is suposed to happen and they will have to find some way of getting back to the normal timeline. what does everyone else think?
Not going to happen. It their timeline and it's here to stay until the next Director wants to change it.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Lieutenant Commander

So TOS is called TOS, and The Next generation Could be the Roddenbermanprise, and DS9 could be Pillermoorebermanprise, or TWOK could be the Meyersprise....Really this term Abramsprise just gets me...heres a novel idea, how bout we just call it New Trek...lol

Old 04-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Lieutenant Commander

It's called Star Trek.

Accept NO substitutes.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtsRuS View Post
It's called Star Trek.

Accept NO substitutes.
Well that's what I prefer also...but for describing which incarnation we are referring, to me Abramsprise is well, a bit of a mock from the folks having acceptance issues with The New Star Trek.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhaige View Post
Well that's what I prefer also...but for describing which incarnation we are referring, to me Abramsprise is well, a bit of a mock from the folks having acceptance issues with The New Star Trek.
That's exactly what it is. It's not the Enterprise. We know what the Enterprise looks like. The Abramsprise ain't the original by any stretch of the imagination. So since it exists only in the Abramsverse, it is only fitting to call it the Abramsprise.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post
Not going to happen. It their timeline and it's here to stay until the next Director wants to change it.
Please....NO JOEL SCHUMACHER! PLEASE....NO JOEL SCHUMACHER!!!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Fleet Admiral

Just so we're clear.....