The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > I've heard a lot of negative stuff about the design of the new Enterprise, but.....
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
It's alot easier on the eyes....I don't love it...but it doesn't offend like the other one tries to do.

Now question: the ship in the first post....Is that the ship in the movie ...you know the one in all the spoiler tags? or is it something different?
I can't be certain, but from the trailer we've seen it looks like the nacelles in the XI version are thicker than any of Mr Koerner's designs. Kind of more like the really early designs they drew for TOS.

To be honest I think that looks a little unbalanced compared to the actual Constitution class. Hopefully if they do make them as big as they seem to be in the trailer they somehow pull off making it look good.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Fleet Admiral

so we don't know anything for sure...it could be Gabes then...

Old 02-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Looking into it further, I think the designer for the movie Enterprise is named Ryan Church. Mr Koerner commented that he was sure 'Ryan Church has done the vessel justice'. So I don't think Mr Koerner's designs are the ones being used.

Edit: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Ryan_Church
Old 02-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Fleet Admiral

Well there nothing left to do but "sit wait, and hope for the best."

Old 02-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berengarius7 View Post
i've always loved the simple, clean lines of the original 1960's ship, i've always thought the design looked weak compared to Klingon D-7's and Romulan Warbirds from the same era.
It is a ship of exploration not of war.

Think about it; galactic peace wouldn't be such a problem for Jim Kirk if he travelled around in a kick *** battle ship.

The passive design creates more opportunity for problems and adventure...
Old 02-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Well there nothing left to do but "sit wait, and hope for the best."
Couldn't agree with you more. Certainly the glimpses showed in the teaser trailer show that it's going to be a ship with presence, but I'm going to wait to see more details before forming a definitive opinion. Oh, and I'd love to see the engine room!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Lieutenant

Well if the ship everyone is claiming to be the new Enterprise, is in fact the NEW ENTERPRISE she is definately a warship... Note the two aft firing photon torpodoe launches just below the hangar bay doors..... But for the record, if this is indeed the new ship... She's hot!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty80 View Post
Couldn't agree with you more. Certainly the glimpses showed in the teaser trailer show that it's going to be a ship with presence, but I'm going to wait to see more details before forming a definitive opinion. Oh, and I'd love to see the engine room!
I haven't even thought about what the engineering set would look like...*yikes* I feel like a heel....That' got to be a good set...What about the bridge too. This film has alot to live up to...

Old 02-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolFan2020 View Post
Well if the ship everyone is claiming to be the new Enterprise, is in fact the NEW ENTERPRISE she is definately a warship... Note the two aft firing photon torpodoe launches just below the hangar bay doors..... But for the record, if this is indeed the new ship... She's hot!
To my knowledge, the only images so far of the ST: XI "E" are those in the teaser trailer... The other design, which is beautiful, is the work of the folks over at startrekreborn.net. There are rumors of a toy version at toy shows, but I haven't seen any pictures...

I think the ST: XI "E" is going to clear up the continuity problems between the TOS "E" and the TMP "E". A lot of people have noted that the two can not possibly be the same ship. There are far too many structural differences. Judging from the trailer there is a lot of influence from the refit on the "new, old version"...

I think this makes pefect sense for rebooting the franchise.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
I haven't even thought about what the engineering set would look like...*yikes* I feel like a heel....That' got to be a good set...What about the bridge too. This film has alot to live up to...
Engineering?

Hmmm, what do you think we may see? A Vertical or Horizontal warp reactor?