The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Will the Timeline be damanged by Nero?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2009, 07:27 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
There's 2 things wrong with this statement....

1) Time Travel does exist, we are doing it right now, yet we are traveling only in 1 direction at very close to the same speed. We don't know how to travel backwards but we do know we can change the speed at which we travel through time by reaching velocities close to the speed of light.

and 2) Some scientists say their won't be time travel whiles others very much think there will be some day, various books have been made on the subject and options include wormholes, both natural and man-made.

1: It´s a pure question of definition if you call the normal passage of time a time travel. If you do so, I do not.

2: This is still pure speculation. And I´ve never heard of man-made wormholes so far. May be the LHC will bring this answers, if it ever works as planned.

So I think it´s wrong to call this wrong, it´s just a another point of view. But I´ve noticed your problems with opinions other than your own. If this is your way, so be it.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Stop posting spoilers in your titles. godammit.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage75 View Post
According to scientists awhile back, the earth was the center of the universe, and the sun revolved around us. Scientists know better than to say "never"!

I´ve got your point. May be you got me a little wrong. So I quote myself (SORRY FOR THIS):

Here is my guess: when you go back in time, you instantly enter a new timeline and there is no way back to your original timeline, which goes on without you.

According to scientists this will never happen. I meant: I don´t know, but I´m guessing. I didn´t want to say time travel will never exist in this world.

My opinion is: despite of what we as humans can do or not, everything may be possible. If not for us, perhaps for some one else.

Sadly I have to shut down now, I have some other things to attend to. But I´ll be back.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

This movie reminds me of a very good TNG episode: "Yesterday's Enterprise"
Old 04-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Fleet Admiral

To Biggest Capt. Kirk Fan:

The point above is worth nothing -- you should take care about including spoilerish ideas in the TITLES of threads you start. There are plenty of ways to phrase title topics somewhat generically, then include spoiler discussions (with warning) in a actual post content.

Have a care, Mister! Back to your station.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneiko Katratze View Post
1: It´s a pure question of definition if you call the normal passage of time a time travel. If you do so, I do not.

2: This is still pure speculation. And I´ve never heard of man-made wormholes so far. May be the LHC will bring this answers, if it ever works as planned.

So I think it´s wrong to call this wrong, it´s just a another point of view. But I´ve noticed your problems with opinions other than your own. If this is your way, so be it.
If moving foward in time isn't part of time travel then any type would be hard to comprehend.

Of coruse it's speculation but speculation is what comes before theory and facts until we can create time machines/travel... the wormhole would in theory be created with 'negative energy' the kind of 'dark matter' of the energy world... Even if scientists did think it was impossible as has been pointed out they are often wrong anyway. Just look how wrong they've been about global cooling / global warming / climate change- what will they call it next?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
If moving foward in time isn't part of time travel then any type would be hard to comprehend.

Of coruse it's speculation but speculation is what comes before theory and facts until we can create time machines/travel... the wormhole would in theory be created with 'negative energy' the kind of 'dark matter' of the energy world... Even if scientists did think it was impossible as has been pointed out they are often wrong anyway. Just look how wrong they've been about global cooling / global warming / climate change- what will they call it next?
Could global warming really be a conspiracy by certain world governments to melt the ice in Greenland and Antarctica to obtain the wealth of minerals and oil reserves hidden beneath. Keep and eye on Greenland and see what happens as more and more of the land is exposed, making it easier to get to the resources below.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 04-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
To Biggest Capt. Kirk Fan:

The point above is worth nothing -- you should take care about including spoilerish ideas in the TITLES of threads you start. There are plenty of ways to phrase title topics somewhat generically, then include spoiler discussions (with warning) in a actual post content.

Have a care, Mister! Back to your station.

all based on the comic sir. by the way, your relieved admiral