The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > Star trek enterprise should return for a fifth season and more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Fleet Admiral

Indeed. It was a beautiful move to tie the first Borg story, "Q Who?", and the last (ignoring VOY) one, FC, together with one of those nice causality paradoxes of time travel.
Furthermore, the episode indicated with Cochrane's story about cybernetic creatures from the future that things tend to get forgotten or ignored over time. Who is nowadays familar with details from the 19th century and why should historical knowledge increase so dramatically only because of new technologies?
That's why complaining about the ENT Borg episode or their indirect presence in GEN (the El-Aurian survivors should have told the Federation who attacked them) is unjustified IMO.

Furthermore, why are Borg or Ferengi in ENT supposed to be bad while Gorn and Tholians are supposed to be good? This is rather based on love for TOS than reasonable criticism.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Fleet Admiral

I'm a little unfamiliar with the first TNG Ferengi episode. Was it stated there that Picard was making first contact? I never cared much for the Ferengi, so that whole Enterprise episode never bothered me canon-wise,
Old 06-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
I'm a little unfamiliar with the first TNG Ferengi episode. Was it stated there that Picard was making first contact? I never cared much for the Ferengi, so that whole Enterprise episode never bothered me canon-wise,
I am pretty sure TNG showed first contact with the Ferengi.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Fleet Admiral

Wasn't the second Ferengi show, "The Battle", about Picard meeting a bunch of Ferengis a few years or decades earlier on the Stargazer, where he performed the famous Picard maneuver?
Perhaps it was a situation without visual contact, like pre "Balance of Terror" Romulan contacts.

Anyway, who will know in the 24th century that two hundred years ago, a bunch of guys with big ears boarded the NX-01 besides a history professor specialized in Earth Starfleet history?
Old 06-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
Wasn't the second Ferengi show, "The Battle", about Picard meeting a bunch of Ferengis a few years or decades earlier on the Stargazer, where he performed the famous Picard maneuver?
Perhaps it was a situation without visual contact, like pre "Balance of Terror" Romulan contacts.

Anyway, who will know in the 24th century that two hundred years ago, a bunch of guys with big ears boarded the NX-01 besides a history professor specialized in Earth Starfleet history?
Good question. I'm not sure if Picard knew the vessel attacking the Stargazer was Ferengi.

Your second point is right on target!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
Yes, the official First Contact was in the TNG episode 'The Last Outpost', but.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post

Indeed it transpired that Picard had actually already encountered the Ferengi 9 years earlier, as described in 'The Battle'. Though he didn't know they were Ferengi til later.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 06-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade8069 View Post
Star trek enterprise should return for a fifth season and more.
why?
because it is a really good show.
the only reason why people didnt like it is because t didnt have any trek in it, but if it were not a trek show people would like it. So who are we to take it off the air. I have just recently been watching a few episodes and i love it!

It was that terrible pop song at the beginning that killed it!

"I'll never lose you!"
Old 06-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonstar70 View Post
It was that terrible pop song at the beginning that killed it!
That garbage also was a turn off - or, at least, a fast-forward when I used to record it.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 06-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Fleet Admiral

Yes, the theme song still makes me cringe every time...ugh! I do like the end credits theme though. It should have been the opening theme as well.