The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > May 9th
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyanEva View Post
I need to get these Countdown comics... I haven't read them because I'm afraid of spoilers and don't know what, if anything, in them could potentially be a spoiler. My thought was to read them after seeing the movie. It is good to know that Data is safe some sort of way.

But I'm still going to have to work my way up to Nemesis. Maybe I'll be in a more charitable mood where it's concerned once I see STXI and I'm like super pumped up. I'll watch it in parts or something. Like 30 minutes at a time until I get it out of the way.

I'm going to need a lot of moral support for this if I do it. *crawls into corner and whimpers*
The Countdown comics are a great leadin to the new movie, but it doesn't' give anything away. Also, Countdown won't make as much sense to you until youv'e seen Nemesis, there are some answers to some questions asked in that movie.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Captain

Quote:
Yes, I'm working on it with my therapist now. Trying to overcome my phobia. The first step is to stare at a Nemesis movie poster for five minutes without bursting into tears and running from the room.

I think Nemesis is going to be better for you than anyone else! I too waited to watch it as I was in the hospital when it debuted, then I couldn't leave my house for 3 months after because I was wearing one of those halos to recover from neck surgery, it was all gone by the time I was able to finally get out.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
The Countdown comics are a great leadin to the new movie, but it doesn't' give anything away. Also, Countdown won't make as much sense to you until youv'e seen Nemesis, there are some answers to some questions asked in that movie.
Ah darnit. Maybe I can get way with just reading a really detailed synopsis of the movie? I mean, I know most of the nitty gritty plot points and the events of the movie. It's just the whole sitting down and watching it thing that I haven't done yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
I think Nemesis is going to be better for you than anyone else! I too waited to watch it as I was in the hospital when it debuted, then I couldn't leave my house for 3 months after because I was wearing one of those halos to recover from neck surgery, it was all gone by the time I was able to finally get out.
After I successfully master looking at the poster for five minutes, I'll then move on to holding the DVD case in the store for three minutes. Baby steps.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Captain

Quote:
Ah darnit. Maybe I can get way with just reading a really detailed synopsis of the movie? I mean, I know most of the nitty gritty plot points and the events of the movie. It's just the whole sitting down and watching it thing that I haven't done yet.

After I successfully master looking at the poster for five minutes, I'll then move on to holding the DVD case in the store for three minutes. Baby steps.
You can do it! That's it, *waves hand like obiwan* YOU WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE, YOU WANT TO PUT IT IN THE DVD PLAYER, YOU WANT TO SIT THROUGH IT.....
Old 04-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Yes, I'm working on it with my therapist now. Trying to overcome my phobia. The first step is to stare at a Nemesis movie poster for five minutes without bursting into tears and running from the room.

That conjures a hillarious image in my mind!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Frank View Post
That conjures a hillarious image in my mind!
ROFL If you hear a scream of terror echoing around the world at some point in the future, you'll know that I didn't make it to five minutes.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
ROFL If you hear a scream of terror echoing around the world at some point in the future, you'll know that I didn't make it to five minutes.
Oh C'mon! Nemesis was not that bad...I only experienced a mild case of nausia at the sight of it...lol...your actin like it's kryptonite to Superman.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE View Post
Oh C'mon! Nemesis was not that bad...I only experienced a mild case of nausia at the sight of it...lol...your actin like it's kryptonite to Superman.
I'll count myself lucky if I only break out in hives then.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:58 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

You're acting like it's "Superman IV".
Old 04-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Frank View Post
You're acting like it's "Superman IV".
ROFL!