The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > May 9th
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-20-2009, 04:52 PM
AyanEva AyanEva is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by section9 View Post
Oh yes: terabytes of hideously bad Uhura-Spock slash fiction. I mean, really, really bad prose.
Dear god no. I can see all of the fansites springing up now.

However, if we can get some good Kirk/Spock slash fics out of all of this...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Beetlescott's Avatar
Beetlescott Beetlescott is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyanEva View Post
No, silly. My reward will be a cake that says, "Happy 10 Year Non-Watching Anniversary!"

I wonder if maybe some day I'll watch it. Maybe I should make a bet with myself? If Star Trek XIII is a blockbuster, I'll watch Nemesis.

If you read the Countdown comics, I don't think we really lose Data, so you are safe, in honor of Star Trek 11, watch Star Trek 10!!!! Give in, it's the logical thing to do. Actually, in my opinion it's the second best TNG movie film there is!!!! Second only to First Contact.
__________________
LET'S MAKE SURE HISTORY NEVER FORGETS THE NAME ENTERPRISE!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-20-2009, 05:40 PM
TNG_Trekman's Avatar
TNG_Trekman TNG_Trekman is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Posts: 439
Default

Count me in.

I have nothing else to say to that really. Hmm.
__________________
"WHERE'S THE KA-BOOM? THERE'S SUPPOSED TO BE AN EARTH SHATTERING KA-BOOM!!!" -- Marvin the Martian
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-20-2009, 05:47 PM
AyanEva AyanEva is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
If you read the Countdown comics, I don't think we really lose Data, so you are safe, in honor of Star Trek 11, watch Star Trek 10!!!! Give in, it's the logical thing to do. Actually, in my opinion it's the second best TNG movie film there is!!!! Second only to First Contact.
I need to get these Countdown comics... I haven't read them because I'm afraid of spoilers and don't know what, if anything, in them could potentially be a spoiler. My thought was to read them after seeing the movie. It is good to know that Data is safe some sort of way.

But I'm still going to have to work my way up to Nemesis. Maybe I'll be in a more charitable mood where it's concerned once I see STXI and I'm like super pumped up. I'll watch it in parts or something. Like 30 minutes at a time until I get it out of the way.

I'm going to need a lot of moral support for this if I do it. *crawls into corner and whimpers*
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-20-2009, 10:39 PM
MonsieurHood's Avatar
MonsieurHood MonsieurHood is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE View Post
I agree! After the champagne and roses fan fare dies down we as fans need to keep our lines of communication open. We are going to need a place to speculate and ponder the next movie...heck even to debate if there is going to be a next movie. Regardless, Beetlescott is right we have to keep this going. We could have contests or something?
Yeah, yeah, allright. I vote we keep this place. If the board gurus will allow it.
__________________
"One of the many, the proud, the friends of Zardoz".
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Captain Frank's Avatar
Captain Frank Captain Frank is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 168
Default What do we do after the movie is released?

We petition Paramount to sell styrene model kits
of the U.S.S. Kelvin!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-20-2009, 10:55 PM
MonsieurHood's Avatar
MonsieurHood MonsieurHood is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Frank View Post
We petition Paramount to sell styrene model kits
of the U.S.S. Kelvin!
That would probably be a real simple build, but it would be a pain in the butt to get the paint job right.
__________________
"One of the many, the proud, the friends of Zardoz".
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Captain Frank's Avatar
Captain Frank Captain Frank is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 168
Default

And lights!
Got to work those L.E.D.s into it!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-21-2009, 02:17 AM
martok2112's Avatar
martok2112 martok2112 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River Ridge, LA
Posts: 6,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyanEva View Post
I need to get these Countdown comics... I haven't read them because I'm afraid of spoilers and don't know what, if anything, in them could potentially be a spoiler. My thought was to read them after seeing the movie. It is good to know that Data is safe some sort of way.

But I'm still going to have to work my way up to Nemesis. Maybe I'll be in a more charitable mood where it's concerned once I see STXI and I'm like super pumped up. I'll watch it in parts or something. Like 30 minutes at a time until I get it out of the way.

I'm going to need a lot of moral support for this if I do it. *crawls into corner and whimpers*
So it's an irrational fear of Nemesis you have? (j.k.)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-21-2009, 07:40 AM
AyanEva AyanEva is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
So it's an irrational fear of Nemesis you have? (j.k.)
Yes, I'm working on it with my therapist now. Trying to overcome my phobia. The first step is to stare at a Nemesis movie poster for five minutes without bursting into tears and running from the room.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.