The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > May 9th
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Captain

Default May 9th

Ok now that I have your attention, I would like to ask what in the world we are gonna do AFTER this wonderful movie comes out? After we have seen it for 5 or 6 times, or however many times, after it has finally stopped playing anywhere, the dollar theater in July, when we don't get it anymore, it is going to be kind of like Dec 26th when we were kids, kind of like the day after Neil Armstrong walked the moon. I suggest that we have a Star Trek movie marathon! We can start back at the beginning and watch each one and come back in here have talk about it. I have enjoyed all of you so much over the last year or so, I just hate to see it come to an end. (Spock said it well to Stonn, "having is not so great a thing indeed, than wanting") I know after a bit we will be talking about the DVD, hoping for this or that, but as soon as it's over, let's do SOMETHING to kind of bridge the gap. What do you think?
Old 04-20-2009, 08:05 AM
Rear Admiral

I agree! After the champagne and roses fan fare dies down we as fans need to keep our lines of communication open. We are going to need a place to speculate and ponder the next movie...heck even to debate if there is going to be a next movie. Regardless, Beetlescott is right we have to keep this going. We could have contests or something?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Commander

GAH! I can't watch Nemesis. I would break my six and a half year streak of never having seen it! I'm going for a record ten years here. Three and a half more to go. It's like a game with myself at this point.

I'll watch all the others, though. Even Insurrection...if I can stay awake through it.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Ensign

Absolutely! I'm completely on board! And AyanEva ... I'm LOOKING FORWARD to Nemesis!! It's one of my favorites - if you've never watched it, you honestly owe it to yourself. It's not only not as bad as you've heard ... it's good! It could have been better, I admit - but it really is a good film. Please, please give it a chance.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by flw View Post
Absolutely! I'm completely on board! And AyanEva ... I'm LOOKING FORWARD to Nemesis!! It's one of my favorites - if you've never watched it, you honestly owe it to yourself. It's not only not as bad as you've heard ... it's good! It could have been better, I admit - but it really is a good film. Please, please give it a chance.
+1 - I totally agree, its not as bad as everyone says, its actually watchable, (over and over) for me. But to each his own...
Old 04-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by flw View Post
Data dies. No.

If that fact hadn't leaked prior to its release, I would have gone to see it in the theater. Seeing as how I adore Data, once I found out that he died for good and in a very pointless fashion, I was like, "What's the point? I'm not going to see a movie just so I can be depressed and irritated when my favorite character dies in a stupid manner. Screw that."

Insurrection had already left a bad taste in my mouth (I STILL WANT MY $7.50 BACK) and the plot of Nemesis didn't interest me one bit (and still doesn't), so I wasn't too excited about the movie to begin with. I would have gone to see it for Data, though, and that's pretty much the only reason. Since I knew ahead of time they were killing off the one reason that I would have gone to see it, I was left with absolutely NO reason to watch it at all.

He's not coming back alive in the movie any time soon so I still have no reason to watch it. And I want to hit the ten year mark, besides. I can't do that if I watch it. I'm amusing myself with it.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Vice Admiral

You will have our film, victory, to look forward to!!

www.ussvictory.tk

Old 04-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Ensign

Well, we'll have a couple of things to look forward to-good boxoffice reports and very favorable comparisons with the Wretched Prequels as nobody talks about continuing the SW franchise. Looks like Nero will have finally put the sword through the evil heard of Jar Jar.

Let's see, what else: immediate fan pressure on Orci and Kurtzman to tighten up the plot for the next movie and resolve the all-important Spock-Uhura relationship, which will hang over the film like bad slash fiction.

Oh yes: terabytes of hideously bad Uhura-Spock slash fiction. I mean, really, really bad prose.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyanEva View Post
GAH! I can't watch Nemesis. I would break my six and a half year streak of never having seen it! I'm going for a record ten years here. Three and a half more to go. It's like a game with myself at this point.

I'll watch all the others, though. Even Insurrection...if I can stay awake through it.
Nemesis. So...your reward for going ten years without watching it will be......to watch it?

courtesy of Saquist
Old 04-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Nemesis. So...your reward for going ten years without watching it will be......to watch it?
No, silly. My reward will be a cake that says, "Happy 10 Year Non-Watching Anniversary!"

I wonder if maybe some day I'll watch it. Maybe I should make a bet with myself? If Star Trek XIII is a blockbuster, I'll watch Nemesis.