The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Comments & Suggestions > biased administration?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Commander

Default biased administration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Redshirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalLonestarX View Post
and I get the board warning for my level of respect on these boards? admins show some equality here please, I find his posts are overboard and overbearing.
The difference is, you got personal and attacked another member. He has not. He has a right to voice how he feels even if it's not in line with what you think he should be feeling.

We have an ignore feature if you are unhappy with how someone posts. To use ignore please go to your user CP.

Thanks
I voiced how i felt as well? and my post is the one removed???? how convienient.

apperently Irony is the operative word here

GOD Emperor Of The Trekkies
Old 04-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Vice Admiral

Who is "He"??

Old 04-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Admiral

Rule No 1: Be nice to all.
Rule No 2: Remember Rule No 1.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 04-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Vice Admiral

LOL, agreed. Everyone slips though from time to time. ESPECIALLY when they really Don't agree with someone!

Old 04-12-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
and I get the board warning for my level of respect on these boards? admins show some equality here please, I find his posts are overboard and overbearing.

To remind you, the original post you are referring to stated: "ok you want something better, stop ******* off to your shatner pics, step away from the pc and see the real world you weird ***** freak." You got an infraction for clearly breaking the rules. That is why I explained to you in your private message: "The difference is, you got personal and attacked another member. He has not. He has a right to voice how he feels even if it's not in line with what you think he should be feeling."

From the Posting Guidelines and Terms of Use
Attacking or Harassing Other Members - 2 Points (expires in 30 days
Belittling or attacking others for how they think or feel, name calling or debasement of any kind is not allowed. People are free to have their say within reason. If you think someone's post is unreasonable, please report them or place them on ignore.

Quote:
I voiced how i felt as well? and my post is the one removed???? how convienient. apperently Irony is the operative word here
The member today broke no rules, attacked no others. There will be people unhappy with the film. That's OK. People are allowed to express their feelings, both good and bad about the movie. I'm sure there will be more as we approach May 8th. If you feel such posts are "overboard and overbearing" use the ignore feature.

You have a right to how you feel about the movie too, but not a right to complain about or belittle those who are unhappy with it. That is what's getting personal and why today's post was removed.

In the future, if you have questions about a PM I send you then please PM me back. Do not post it on the boards. I am closing this thread now. if you have further questions, please PM.

Thank you.
Closed Thread